Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

993 manual Targa wanted

Toby Bean

Silverstone
Hi, I am looking to take my first step into Porsche ownership and i have decided to look for a 993.

I am ideally after a 993 manual targa with black leather and preferably black/dark blue exterior, I would take silver at a push. I'n not too keen on the kits some people fit as i think the 993 has lovely smooth lines and I think the kits make the car look to fussy.

I have seen lots of tiptronics about but really prefer proper driving !! :wink:

Now the most important part , I have a budget of up to 30k cash to spend on the car.

I'm sure you guys would be able to point me in the right direction as I have been reading the forum for months while saving my money for the car.

Any help will be appreciated

Thanks

Toby

Migration info. Legacy thread was 46642

Hey Toby welcome and congrats on your good taste.

My recommendation, on the test drive, turn the radio off, check windows and roof are closed tight and cruise at 50-60 (where presumably you will spend a lot of your life with the car), and check the wind noise, some of these cars can be a bit noisy.

Good luck

Migration info. Legacy thread was 46644

Toby

your budget is that for 'just' the car or is that your 1st year budget including car Insurance and any other maintenance ?

remember it's going to be a 8-10 year old car, so some provision for extras is necessary, so excluding Insurance on your £30k budget that would make it £28 k for the car and keep £2k for the fighting fund or the fun fund !

there are a lot of cars out there for that kind of money, finding the good ones can be tricky but worth while.......don't always wait as some people say as you may never buy! they do say buy on condition ! but there are some rough diamonds out there, that need saving as well....

regards

Migration info. Legacy thread was 46647

At the sort of money you wish to spend the world is your oyster as far as 993's is concerned.

What is your ideal spec and colour.

Welcome to the site by the way.

This site has loads of great cars for sale

Daz

Migration info. Legacy thread was 46651

Hi guys , thanks for all your messages. Been looking for a few month but can't find one.

Answer to Daz - A 993 manual Targa with black leather.

My 30k budget is just for the car as my Insurance is "only" 810 !! :D

Migration info. Legacy thread was 46655

Should be able to reduce your insurence from there, I was paying £540 for my old 993.

993 Targa fab car, black leather good combo, drk bl v nce.

Daz

Migration info. Legacy thread was 46657

Send me an email via this system.
I have a 1997 with 45k on the clock, grey leather, Zenith blue, Targa standard 17" wheels with P zeroes and a set of 18" Veloce GT1 wheels with P zeroes, Alpine 6 cd +1 stereo (origional Porsche onein a box with cables), new speakers, RSR ehausts with big oval tips etc etc. Two batteries, battery conditioner, all manuals, full serice history, bought from Porsche Guidford. And if you are in IT the funkiest reg no.

/images/migration/UploadedForumImages/my%20911%20PICT0852asc.jpg :) :)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 46660

Stevo - you're not parting company surely??? :eek:

Toby, I've seen this a couple of times in the flesh and its very very nice indeed

Migration info. Legacy thread was 46671

Looks nice in the pics, and a manual targa is as rare as rocking horse pooh.

Daz.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 46678

Morning guys,

I have seen on Autotrader a silver manual targa with black leather but sods law it's up in Glasgow !! :evil:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 46686

Toby PM me if interested:

97 model year/P reg/6 spd

Artic silver with full (doors, dash, centre) classic grey leather (soft ruffled to seats).

67K miles with FSH (last (24K) service 6K miles ago including new steering rack dampers and distributor caps, rotors and arms performed by Northway). Nice dry engine - lower cam covers, RMS and a new clutch were all done at 50K.

Recent suspension upgrade to Bilsein HDs, H&R springs and RS spec 4 wheel alignment (search for threads on this site). Shod with Conti Contact N2 all round with 5mm plus tread and even wear.

Factory 10 speaker hi-fi option with original CDR-21 head, factory white/ali dials, hoop spoiler, all tools, jack, compressor, gloves, bags and both spare keys and red master!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 46733

HI guys,

Still looking for my elusive manual Targa , has anyone seen one ?

Thanks

Toby

Migration info. Legacy thread was 49449

Sundeep,

I have enough trouble with RHD :wink:

Have seen you also post on the Porsche GB forum as well. How long have you been a member ?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 49506

too long, but can be too much hard work... only benefit for me is the porsche uk trackdays and the euro trackdays / roadtrips i.e spa, ring, etc

for all the regular stuff, right here is fine

Migration info. Legacy thread was 49521

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WilmslowSi
Back