Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996 Sports Exhaust

Mark911

Hopefully I am collecting my facelift 996 C2 this weekend which is fitted with a Porsche sports exhaust system (non-switchable).

Will there any performance gain or just sound improvement ?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 46574

Just sound, no performance, but you will feel like you are going a lot faster! :D

Migration info. Legacy thread was 46577

Ones on my wish list as the ordinary 996 exhaust is a tad ummm tame ... I miss the burble of the engine note!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 46586

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by David Rose on 23 February 2006

Ones on my wish list as the ordinary 996 exhaust is a tad ummm tame ... I miss the burble of the engine note!

I hope the sports exhaust helps with the migration to a 996 :eek:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 46605

Let us know how much of an improvement it is sound wise, and if it is annoying because you cant switch it off, and the cost please

I am very interested in changing and am awaiting a couple of others on this sites experience.

Daz

Migration info. Legacy thread was 46606

A friend of mine has a 996 C4S with the PSE. On 2 separate dynos on separate days the car made between 8 and 12 bhp more with the PSE on cf the silent mode...

Porsche may not admit to more power as it may not be reliably reproducible but it does seem to work out with a little more..

Migration info. Legacy thread was 46607

Here's a clip of the very same 996 C4S having some fun in the snow... There's one of me too... The 996 PSE is VERY obvious but never annoying (we did 3000 miles round europe over summer in the 996 and never tired of the noise!)

http://media.putfile.com/993-C4-Snow

http://media.putfile.com/996-C4S-Snow
-

*** to get the C4S one you'll need to copy and paste. The URL generator on the forum misses out the dash "-" at the end of Snow... without this the clip won't work... you'll need to type in "996-C4S-Snow-" rather than "996-C4S-Snow" ***

Migration info. Legacy thread was 46623

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Speed Freak on 23 February 2006

Ok thats clinced it :D

Daz
Like your style mate!

Are you going for the complete system? have you considered cat or muffler bypass's instead??

...rob

Migration info. Legacy thread was 46627

Phoned the cardiff OPC tonite, and asked them for a fitted price for both.

I am aving it, large.

:D

Daz

Migration info. Legacy thread was 46628

Been poh poed by most on this site, though I have always kept an open mind,

no one on here has tried, unfortunatelly.

Daz

Migration info. Legacy thread was 46633

Who's been poo pooing?? the poo pooing alone is a court marshal offence!!

Daz, this reminds me of Black Adder ..General Hospital episode...very funny

ps may i ask whats the OPC is quoting

...rob

Migration info. Legacy thread was 46635

Wont now till tomorow, but I gues around £1800. :(

Hope it will be lower.

poo pooing, is a court marshal offence!!, LOL, big style

love it

Daz

Migration info. Legacy thread was 46638

Daz

OPC Mid Sussex fitted a PSE to my 996 Targa a couple of months ago. I can't say there is a noticeable difference in power but the grin factor is hugely increased. The only slightly annoying thing is that it gets a bit muted between 30 - 45 mph. Fuel consumption has also dropped from 17.7mpg to 17.0mpg but this could be just down to the fact that you can't help blipping on the up change (and down change).

I am hoping to make London on the 1st March so can chat then.

BTW Cost of SPE was £2k all in

Migration info. Legacy thread was 46664

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back