Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

GT3 roll at the ring

Can categorically say it wasn't me! Thankfully. Anyway it's a Mk1 not a Mk.2, less there be any doubt :)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 46060

Prophetic words from the guys filming "he's a flyer, watch him"

Migration info. Legacy thread was 46061

that will be 'Pflanzgarten I'

sounds like GT3 didn't brake before the sharp dip which is a tricky part

although I remember well that that wonderful sweeping right after Pflanzgarten I is a great section :)
before the left turn 'drop' at ther end of Pflanzgarten II which scared me :(
on every lap I did there last year !

RC you ready for some of that in July ?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 46065

Thats what happens when you havent got PSM,

Daz.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 46067

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Speed Freak on 18 February 2006
Daz.

AH HA I see. Shall have to get the 997 GT3 as that does :)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 46068

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Speed Freak on 18 February 2006

Daz.
or don't brake at the right point !

Migration info. Legacy thread was 46069

So do you guys view PSM as a device which the purist shouldnt have,

To use that argument then suggests that nearly all devolopments in car safety have been aganist the grain of the elite drivers,

This would take in Radial tyres, seat belts, air bags, abs brakes, brake disks, crumple zones, etc etc.

Its funny but when a new device which gives drivers an advantage in F1 is invented it is outlawed quite quickly afterwards, but never for the purist reason.

Traction Control comes straight from F1 (launch control), is anyone suggesting that drivers who wouldnt use it, are better drivers, even though they might be slower.

With progress comes new technology, and with that comes in improvements in safety speed and control, is this a bad thing.

Would you consider the suspention of a 911 3.2 better than that of a 993, so does that make you a worse driver than a driver of a 3.2.

Food for thought, especially given the appearance of PSM on the new GT3.

If that guy had PSM, I doubt he would have written off a 60k car, i certinaly cant afford to, so I am greatful for it.

Daz

Migration info. Legacy thread was 46072

Well said Daz. I guess it's like all things; if you don't want it, you don't have to have it, but you shouldn't knock people who do want it.

When I was looking for my car, it was one feature I insisted on. At the end of the day, sat nav is a nice thing to have but it 'aint going to save your life. A salesman from one garage claimed to owe his life to PSM.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 46073

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Rob J on 18 February 2006

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Speed Freak on 18 February 2006

Daz.
AH HA I see. Shall have to get the 997 GT3 as that does :)

The new 997 GT3 does not have PSM it has PASM which is vey different!!

...rob

Migration info. Legacy thread was 46085

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Seagull on 18 February 2006

Well said Daz. I guess it's like all things; if you don't want it, you don't have to have it, but you shouldn't knock people who do want it.

When I was looking for my car, it was one feature I insisted on. At the end of the day, sat nav is a nice thing to have but it 'aint going to save your life. A salesman from one garage claimed to owe his life to PSM.
:?
never saw this thread heading this way !

anyway..........it's the Nurburgring, from my experience at that point in the circuit in a road rear engined 911 you have to balance the weight of the car (via throttle & or brake) due to the dip in the track, the car does not appear to do so (verses the scob before). . . . and the cars runs into the inevitable ring consequence !

the Ring takes no prisons traction control or not !

Migration info. Legacy thread was 46091

Bet if he had C4S, they would have had a far better chance of making it :wink:

People get so hung up on driver aids, however better tyres are driver aids.

Daz.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 46096

To be honest i was hoping the 997 GT3 would have PSM or some other type of electronic driving aid purely from a selfish point of view, as the value of a "purist" 996 GT3 would have held very well and maybe even start to become bit of a collectors item despite the numbers that were made.

...rob

Migration info. Legacy thread was 46099

and this is how you should do it..... good solid 8'15 lap from the bridge to gantry

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7520509056221868436

personally if I was lucky enough to own a GT3 or similiar high performance supercar then I would look for a car with PASM, purist or not.. with that power and speed the added PASM is a no brainer..

Migration info. Legacy thread was 46101

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back