Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Tyre Pressure loss 997 4S

David 4S

Good day everybody!

Having Michelin 245 30 19 at the front, I noticed a pressure of 25PSI instead of 35PSI on the front left side.

Car was parked for a week after driving in the english country side. Other side did not move a PSI.

Is this normal?

Thanks in advance,

David

Migration info. Legacy thread was 45467

Nope, keep an eye on it,

Could be a slow puncture or a bad seal on the tyre to wheel.

Daz.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 45469

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Speed Freak on 11 February 2006

Nope, keep an eye on it,

Could be a slow puncture or a bad seal on the tyre to wheel.

Daz.
indeed... no reason why Porsche spec tyres would loose pressure in a short space of time

Migration info. Legacy thread was 45473

Many thanks for your comments. back tyres already costed me £600 gbp...

Migration info. Legacy thread was 45477

Was that pressure drop shown on the tyre pressure monitor [if you have one fitted] or on a regular guage? 10 PSI is difficult to spot by eye balling the tyres but you can usually feel it through the steering if its a front wheel that's lost air.

Did you buy your rear tyres from Fortnum & Mason? £400.00 is best quote for Michelins.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 45990

Thank you Hog.

£600 was for the 2 back tyres...got it in France, home of Michelin !

As feeling any front pressure problem through dteering, can you be more specific?

Rgds,

david

Migration info. Legacy thread was 46188

Have noticed a major loss of pressure on my C4S on the front offside after a 150 mile drive.Fitted with Bridgestones S O2.Any ideas?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 135150

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back