Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

iPOD to 997

Ken Graves

Does anyone know if/when Porsche are intending to fit their new 997s with a iPOD compatibility? I've got a 997 on order but apparently they've no plans as yet which is frustrating. The dealer guessed it will come out when they next upgrade the car. However this makes no sense when they are bringing out new models (997 turbo/GT3 etc. You'd think porsche would want to catch up on this.

I've looked at the converting kits but am not sure if the info/artist/song etc comes up on the porsche PCM screen. Anyone ideas?

Cheers

Ken

Migration info. Legacy thread was 45113

I've recently had an iPod interface fitted to my 997 S. It's from Nav-Tv and was fitted by Sextons in Reading. It has full iPod functionality with song / Artist/playlist info coming up on PCM screen. Seems to work great. Only issue I've had is sound returning after muting for phonecalls and its a bit pricey - £650 fitted.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 111007

I am in the throws of ordering a new C2S and in the absense of an IPOD integration I was thinking about a CD changer for £348.00 so £650 doesn't sound all that bad as an alternative....

Migration info. Legacy thread was 112373

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mkrt1972
Back