Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Green Fluid

steve cutler

Hi to everyone

Picked up my first Porsche at the end of Jan, an arena red 996 C2 with a GT3 body, apart from a new battery, thanks to this forum, I found out how to stop the bloody alarm going off when I disconnected the old one..;-), and a slow puncture in the front drivers side, all was going well.

Now however, I have discovered a lime green coloured fluid dripping from under the car, from under the drivers door side...doesn't really smell of much, maybe a bit like hay? Thought it maybe someting to do with the A/C or something, its not an oily consistency either.

Anyone got any ideas?

Cheers

Steve

Migration info. Legacy thread was 44965

Sounds like engine coolant to me... have you checked the levels?

Dont know why it would be leaking though??

Migration info. Legacy thread was 44967

Not sure it's that, this is a real light lime green colour, and is cold...had leaking rads before and it doesn't look like this stuff....

Migration info. Legacy thread was 44970

porsche coolant is bright green - sounds like your rad is busted mate

Migration info. Legacy thread was 44972

Where do you water-cooled guys purchase Porsche coolant.....OPC?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 45065

No Idea....

Looks like I may be able to tell you soon though!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 45287

I think you will find that on air-cooled Porches, the oil flow and return feeds run along the drivers side (r/h/d) of the car to the radiator which is mounted within the front wing.

I'd assume that a similar layout would be used in the 996 although I think the radiators are further forward (never looked I'm afraid).

The reason I say this is that it may not be the radiator that is leaking. If the layout is anything like the air-cooled, it could be that the flow or returns is fractured, which could be worse to repair than a radiator.

Green fluid definately sounds like coolant to me and I'd track down the source ASAP. Have fun if the radiator is in the wing!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 45289

Cheers Anthony

I am pretty sure its the pipes having seen the layout of them, it's only a small leak presently.

Its into Micheldever tyres tomorrow so I will take a look while its on the ramp..after that its in at Northway on the 17th, so everything will become clearer, and the expense!

Steve

Migration info. Legacy thread was 45293

some leak detectors that are put in a/c systems are lime green this may be your a/c showing a leak

Migration info. Legacy thread was 45318

And the winner is....

A/C pipe fractured by a stone...replacement £67 and a couple of hours labour....however, the drier? is u/s as well, so needed another of those...

Cheers

Steve

Migration info. Legacy thread was 46193

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HannahMich
Back