Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Exhaust Baffles

Tiptronic

Banned
Since coming back from the track day my driver side muffler has been rattling on start up, once its warm it ok.

I can live with it, however is it covered by the extended OPC wtty, or is it classed as a wear and tear item.

This may be my excuse to change to a Switchable one if it isnt covered.

Somone posted that they could get one for £1200 the other day, any chance of telling me where.

Regards,

Daz.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 44191

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Speed Freak on 27 January 2006

Since coming back from the track day my driver side muffler has been rattling on start up, once its warm it ok.I can live with it, however is it covered by the extended OPC wtty, or is it classed as a wear and tear item.This may be my excuse to change to a Switchable one if it isnt covered.Somone posted that they could get one for £1200 the other day, any chance of telling me where.Regards,Daz.
I think you'll find that 1200 is the cost of the bits. its the fitting at 5 billion a nanosecond that pushes it to 2k

Migration info. Legacy thread was 44193

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Hendo on 27 January 2006
Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Speed Freak on 27 January 2006Since coming back from the track day my driver side muffler has been rattling on start up, once its warm it ok.[/i:5m5LcCoyvv]

I can live with it, however is it covered by the extended OPC wtty, or is it classed as a wear and tear item.

This may be my excuse to change to a Switchable one if it isnt covered.

Somone posted that they could get one for £1200 the other day, any chance of telling me where.

Regards,

Daz.
I think you'll find that 1200 is the cost of the bits. its the fitting at 5 billion a nanosecond that pushes it to 2k

I am sure I have seen a thread where the someone mention £12000 fitted, I will have to go and dig through the threads.

Daz

Migration info. Legacy thread was 44195

just check that the bracket strap hasnt snapped behind the tailpipe - that would be covered under warranty

Migration info. Legacy thread was 44203

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by 911doctor on 27 January 2006
just check that the bracket strap hasnt snapped behind the tailpipe - that would be covered under warranty

Thanks Doc,

I will check tonight,

Another question given your considerable knowledge, I get a lot of condensation from the exhaust on start up in the mornings, even if the car has only been unused for 1 day.

Bearing in mind I keep the car in the garage, is this normal, and oil useage, I used about half a litre of oil throught the track day, and the journey there and back which was about 400 miles in total, normal?

Every other 911 ive had has used a little oil, I just wondered from your experience if this is a good thing.

Daz.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 44204

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
993gtnut
Back