Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

dials busted

911Silverback

Nurburgring
When i got my car from AG i wanted the white dials, so cut a along story short they supplied them to me eventually by post.

When i got them i checked them and they seemed fine, however since then the left twiddly bit with the dial with 0.0 in it, has broken some how ie snapped off almost at the base. Problem is iv left it far to long to take them back to Porsche haven't i (5 months?) and as the car and dials come from AG its not that straight forward.

So any ideas on repairs, it cant be glued cos it would break to easily. Was thinking if its possible to take the clock apart and maybe replace it with the one thats OK and on my car at the moment?

Or a visit to my local stealers?

Any advice appreciated

...rob

Migration info. Legacy thread was 44157

you wont be able to get that bit on its own so if you can take your other one apart and see if it comes off that would be the best option otherwise you'll end up paying £800 for a new intstrument cluster

Migration info. Legacy thread was 44177

Would of thought with enough digging around could get another old cluster 'assy' from a breakers or something, but need to know if its possible to open the panel and get in there to replace

Think I'll research this a bit before taking my screwdriver to it, was gonna have a play tomorrow.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 44224

Many Thanks to Mark Pearce who i spoke to at HOME by phone FRIDAY EVENING regarding my broken counter reset.

As a result it is now fixed with minimal cost.

So i would just like to say thanks again to Mark and also other forum members who are willing to give time and advice when possible

Cheers fellas

...rob

Migration info. Legacy thread was 44399

Careful Rob - hes only after your GT3.......... :wink:

seriously though, nice one Mark.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 44401

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by warren mcbride on 30 January 2006

Careful Rob - hes only after your GT3.......... :wink:
Well if the price is right :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 44405

New Threads