Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

GT3 Skirts, no bumper?

rudegoode

Hi Lads,

I want to add a little extra to my 996 C4 Cab (99t) in terms of asthetics. I dont like the whole GT3 kit (unless its a GT3) but do like the idea of some GT3 side skirts, just to make it look a bit meaner.

Has ANYONE seen a 996 in this format? Just additional side skirts, NO GT3 bumper and NO GT3 spoiler? If so, what does it look like? Will i need to get the fornt spoiler lowered or altered, or will it be low enough as standard?

Thoughts / opinions or even better Pictures would be greatly appreciated.

Also, does anyone have any advice on how much it may cost and who could do it? I am guessing at around £700ish???

Cheers lads

Dan.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 43725

Try Porscheshop for advice, quotes.

I have seen a 996 targa with the skirts but without spoilers and it looked good IMO.

Perhaps consider getting the car lowered- the lower stance always gives a car a meaner look.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 43743

Cheers for that i will give them a call.

A sports exhaust is also i must i recon.

Cheers

Dan.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 43745

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by rudegoode on 23 January 2006

Cheers for that i will give them a call.

A sports exhaust is also i must i recon.

Cheers

Dan.
How much is a sports exhaust for a 1999 C2 anyway. I would want the button too? Anyone know?

Cheers

Migration info. Legacy thread was 43754

Switchable Exhaust varies between £1600 and £1850 from various OPC's fitted.

Daz.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 43756

Thanks Daz. Is that much more than the standard? I suppose its double!!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 43757

I have been quoted £600 (inc fitting) for a Fab Speed sports exhaust by Portiacraft....... and £300 for the fitting and painting of the skirts?

does that sound good value?

does anyone know what the Fab Speed ones sound like, i have heard they are pretty good?

My mate is getting a switchable one next week for £1250 all in, which seems pretty good, but £600 seems more reasonable.....

Thoughts?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 43762

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by rudegoode on 23 January 2006
I have been quoted £600 (inc fitting) for a Fab Speed sports exhaust by Portiacraft....... and £300 for the fitting and painting of the skirts?
does that sound good value?
does anyone know what the Fab Speed ones sound like, i have heard they are pretty good?
My mate is getting a switchable one next week for £1250 all in, which seems pretty good, but £600 seems more reasonable.....
Thoughts?

Where is having Switchable for £1250?
Daz.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 43763

Perfect,

thanks Mark. that looks great. that IS just the standard front bumper is it not?

are they GT3 mrk 1 or mrk 2 skirts (if you know)?

that is exactly the look i am after, if you have more pic's and have time please send them too:
[email protected]

your helps greatly appreciated.

dan.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 43808

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back