Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

993 Speaker recommendations?

warren

I'm just about to upgrade the speakers in my 993 and some advice would be appreciated!

I've decided to replace the fronts with INFINITY-REFERENCE-5010cs (I think!) and would also like to replace rears at the same time. I have a Pioneer head unit which I hope will be up to the task of powering the speakers (45 watts).

I'm also adding a Pioneer Ipod interface which means I will be listening to a lot more music on the daily grind to and from work instead of 5 live and the Flat 6! 8)

Any thoughts? :D

Migration info. Legacy thread was 43290

A few years back it was covered on the titanic forum. Infinity speakers were recommended for the front and JBL`s for the parcel shelf. At the time I couldn`t get hold of the Infinity`s so I fitted Sony Xplodes to the front and the JBL`s to the rear.

I am very pleased with the result, they work well with my Pioneer head unit and 6 cd stacker. Both sets of speakers are a direct fit so no messing about cutting anythything, you just need to disconnect the small tweeters in the doors. At the time it cost about £75 for all 4 speakers, money well spent, much better than the standard ones.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 43306

although you want to check if your front speakers are 5 & quater or 6 & half, as when I actually measure mine there were for the 6500CS Infinity speakers (which I have fitted and work better than the OEM!) ebven though the manual said it would be the 5000CS size

regards

Migration info. Legacy thread was 43312

Well I've gone for the following:

INFINITY-REFERENCE-5010cs
JBL-GTO6425e

Total cost £125 - fitting on Tuesday if they arrive in time!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 43388

Had the new speakers fitted yesterday and I am delighted with the improvement in sound quality. The new speakers pretty well dropped in to the old slots and the original grills fitted over the top (fronts had to be glued) so they still look original!

The installer advised not to bother changing the tweeter in the door so he just replaced the main speaker and connected the original tweeter (without a crossover) to that.

I also had my Ipod hard wired into the head unit - last night was the slowest I have driven home from the office in the 4 years I have owned my 993!

It really is a tremendous step forward from the standard setup (in clarity terms) for relatively little expense.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 44016

Warren,

Taking advanteage of your experience here.

Is the crossover obvious to by pass.

Thanks

Migration info. Legacy thread was 44042

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lb456
Back