Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

water in passenger footwell -OPG covered?

pdg

I discovered water in the passenger footwell of my 996 this afternoon again (I dried it on the weekend - the first time I discovered it after I bought it last week -) I thought that it was probably due to the cleaning done before selling me the car... but after today I am starting to consider that there is a problem.

It is strange as again there is no water on the drivers side, only on the passenger side.What could it be?Would this be covered by the Official Porsche Warranty that I just bought (my car is from 2000 & I just got the warranty last week)? If not what would you recommend to do?

Thank you in advance for your advices!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 43033

possibles would be

door seal membrane

sunroof drain tubes blocked

poorly fitted windscreen

heater matrix(i'm assuming as its a 996 its got the heater matrix where most water cooled cars do)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 43071

Thanks Roddy.

Do you think that this problem could be covered at no extra cost by the Official Porsche Warranty that Porsche gives to cars after they pass the 111 check point inspection. I just got this warranty last week.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 43242

apart from the matrix(if it has one of course) i think it would be doubtful.........as they are all roughly trim-related

Migration info. Legacy thread was 43325

I had this problem when my 996 was new (7 years ago). The dealer cleared it and told me it was the air con drain wrongly positioned.

regards, Keith

Migration info. Legacy thread was 44844

As stated I have heard of this problem on many cars. It is usually due to a badly positioned or blocked AC drain tube.

Had it happen on my brand new Disco 3 so I got the dealer to remove and dry the carpets as well. This was covered on the warranty.

Good luck.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 44878

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GT3161
Back