Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

C4 Cab Rattles

Darren Weston

I have just got my first Porsche which is a 2003 996 C4 cab, has anyone any suggestions how I can stop any of the below rattles.

1. The hard top squeeks every time you run over a match stick.

2. Both door panels make a vibrating noise when on idol.

3. I have a noise which I can only describe as a hamster in a wheel at the back of my glove box. I have traced this to an actuator that keeps moving (located at the very top left of the fan unit) when the auto setting on the air con is switched on. When this is turned to manual, the actuator stops fluctuating and the noise stops, it is not a fan noise.

4. Anyone got any suggested tyre pressures, the car has 18" wheels?

Thanks

Darren :(

Migration info. Legacy thread was 42897

tyre pressures front 36 and back 44, you will find that info on the inside of your fuel cap if you forget.

Daz.

Welcome to the forum

Migration info. Legacy thread was 42898

Try rubbing some vaseline (ohh-err missus!) on the rubber seals on the hard top.

Sorry to hear of your probs, but welcome to the forum!

Is the car under warranty? If it came from a dealer, you should be able to get these things sorted...

Migration info. Legacy thread was 42982

Vaseline is petroluem based and will dry out the rubber, better to use some silicone spray. Used it on my 968 cab and it worked a treat.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 43055

Robert Dyas do a "Dry Lube Silicon Lubricant" spray for about £4 - it worked perfectly on mine. I sparayed it onto a cloth and ran it all around the edge rubbers. does need to be re-applied after a couple of months depending on how many miles you do.

Wayne.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 43122

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Shed17 on 16 January 2006

Vaseline is petroluem based and will dry out the rubber, better to use some silicone spray. Used it on my 968 cab and it worked a treat.
Didn't know that- thanks.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 43292

Sorry to hear your problems. Well, it's a cab, so less rigid than a coupe. Dealer fix for free? Depends on how arrogant/uninterested your OPC is (if it came from an OPC). If it came from an indie you may well have a better chance.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 43294

Hard Top Squeek. I've been chasing this for years but have finally found an answer.

Polytetrafluroethelene!!! Plumbers use it all the time. PTFE tape carefully applied along the matching surfaces. Mine's as quiet as a lamb now. As I only did it two days ago I cannot comment on how long the remedy lasts.

Regards, Keith

Migration info. Legacy thread was 44894

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back