Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Would the mileage put you off?

looks really nice, right colour, spec and history looks good very good actually.

Good interior, if you could get this car sub 20k I would say its worth buying with this proviso

Check the clutch carefully and check any oil leaks, smoke from the engine.

They are fab engines and the more desirable varioram 285bhp unit is fitted to this with 4 wheel drive.

Daz.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 42461

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by darren james on 11 January 2006

looks really nice, right colour, spec and history looks good very good actually.Good interior, if you could get this car sub 20k I would say its worth buying with this provisoCheck the clutch carefully and check any oil leaks, smoke from the engine.They are fab engines and the more desirable varioram 285bhp unit is fitted to this with 4 wheel drive.Daz.

Thanks for that Daz

I'm sorely tempted to get a PPI done and then see if it's worth a bid.

I've got family near you in Ogmore By Sea so you never know, you might see it flash past in the near future. Wishful thinking, gotta get it past the wife first!

cheers

Matt

Migration info. Legacy thread was 42472

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Matt Knowles on 11 January 2006
Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by darren james on 11 January 2006looks really nice, right colour, spec and history looks good very good actually.

Good interior, if you could get this car sub 20k I would say its worth buying with this proviso

Check the clutch carefully and check any oil leaks, smoke from the engine.

They are fab engines and the more desirable varioram 285bhp unit is fitted to this with 4 wheel drive.

Daz.
Thanks for that Daz
I'm sorely tempted to get a PPI done and then see if it's worth a bid.
I've got family near you in Ogmore By Sea so you never know, you might see it flash past in the near future. Wishful thinking, gotta get it past the wife first!
cheers
Matt

if you like it and it checks out history & condition then it is almost perfect, if it had half the miles you would be looking at 27k, dont be afraid of the milage just look on it as a discount off the price.
i bet if you offer him 19k for buy it now he will take it.
daz

Migration info. Legacy thread was 42474

Daz

Just done an Autotrader search and discovered that the car is on a local forecourt at £17,995 which is only £500 above ebay start bid!!!

Arghhhhh can't decide whether this puts me off or not. :?

Matt

Migration info. Legacy thread was 42498

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Matt Knowles on 11 January 2006

Daz

Just done an Autotrader search and discovered that the car is on a local forecourt at £17,995 which is only £500 above ebay start bid!!!

Arghhhhh can't decide whether this puts me off or not. :?

Matt

Wouldnt put me off, if the car is sound, offer 17k and I bet theres a deal to be had.

Daz.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 42502

Are you looking to buy to keep? If you are looking to move it on soon ish then clearly other people will (as you have) think twice. However the 993 is a very solid car so if PPI works out buy it It's great value.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 42538

On the surface it looks very clean.

At that mileage I'd want to know when it's had disks, clutch, shocks replaced, and if it hasn't then they'll all need doing.

Also, I'd want those perfectly spaced stamps in the service book backed up with actual service invoices.

Other than that, if it's a keeper offer 17k and revel in the fact that you just saved 10k compared to a low-mileage example!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 42543

I would go along, look at it and if you like it get a PPI done.

Discs, clutch and pads are wear and tear items and will be needed at some point on any car you buy. At the end of the day in two years time you'll get your money back and more. My friend has just paid £15K for a 964.

FWIW, I've just put (genuine porsche) discs and pads on the front of on my 993TT for £300+vat

Migration info. Legacy thread was 42544

And you really paid the VAT, Aceparts?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 42547

Now that youve told the world you had better buy the car, before somone else does. :wink:

if it checks out that is, after youve checked the clutch, gear box, engine, brake pads, disks, MOT, body condition, tyres, wheels, history, invoices, suspention, electrics :?

Be prepared to compromise on some of these, the car has done 135k miles, its not going to be like new, and its not 27k price either!!

You are paying far less so you have to be realistic, as long as its a good solid car then a lot of the above are just service items.

Daz.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 42553

Sometimes people can't believe there luck so miss out on a great deal! Don't let it be you

Migration info. Legacy thread was 42555

Thanks guys

It would be a keeper and as my office is within walking distance, the mileage would be kept down and so level out after a while.

They are saying that it's 'sold' subject to a deposit being paid which is due "any time now" and if that sale fails to go through then they will go back to interested parties for best offers over 20k! However it's still on their forecourt at 18k so I'm gonna put my cynicism aside and toddle off down their to find the man in the sheepskin coat :wink:
and see what it's like. BTW, it might be the photos but does the panel fit around the headlights look a little strange to anyone?

Matt

Migration info. Legacy thread was 42593

there is a nice chap called Oliver who has a 993 C2S with 180k+ on the clock IIRC..

and he is more than happy, no major problems but regular and correct maintenance...

not long till 200k !

Migration info. Legacy thread was 42649

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StephCafe
Back