Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Alarm Bleeping

Parts

Banned
When I alarm my 996 at the moment, the horn is giving a single beep, like a door is open. Only the doors, bonnet and boot are all closed.

Anyone know if whatelse can cause this?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 41855

it also monitors the centre console lid - check that is shut.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 41861

It was open - cheers you are a genius!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 41885

I'm having similar problem, my 98' 996 convertible was having problems with it's alarm. Took it to Lancaster at Stratford (independents all suggested it was best to go to main dealer for alarm issues) and they repaired it (£100 all in). It was a problem with a wire to the stereo and a broken latch in the centre console, the first problem they repaired the second they replaced. This was three months ago and fine until yesterday when I alarmed the car and got two quick beeps. I've tried every opening etc but no luck, any ideas?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 42100

hmm - i have seen problems before with door locks. its always worth getting someone with diagnostic equipment to check the fault memory. a door lock fault will show up but will not say which side. a door lock can cost £300 + do you ever have problems with windows dropping on their own?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 42209

Doctor,

Per my emission control warning light I'm having this looked at next week too, wil let you know outcome.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 42249

Hey 911doctor whats your background?

I'm just being nosey

Migration info. Legacy thread was 42265

Ohh Doc,

I was hoping to build you up with an intro like:-

911doctor, some people think that he is the long lost son of butzi.

:p

Migration info. Legacy thread was 42271

now the fun begins in guessing which one

chiswick W4?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 42274

lol - cant reveal which one. i'm not there anymore though :)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 42280

have u got a 911?, how do you rate them?

Daz.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 42281

don't own one but have always had great passion and enthusiam for 911's. Thats why i like going on this forum. In my years working with them i have had the pleasure of driving virtually every type of 911 and have to say the most awesome is 996 GT2!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 42310

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lb456
Back