Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Becker Head Unit

Pete Melsom

Silverstone
The previous owner of my 993 had problems with the OEM Sony head unit and replaced it with a JVC unit; I've no complaints about the JVC unit except that it didn't really suit the car (too flashy), so when the car was in for servicing at my local OPC I got them to replace it with a Porsche branded Becker CDR-22 (from a Boxster) which I picked up on eBay, however I can't read the LCD panel as it's too faint, the OPC said it was because of the angle of display, and sure enough if I peer down on it from a steep angle the LCD panel becomes visible, but I can't do this while driving. There doesn't appear to be any way of increasing the brightness of the display, so I guess I'm stuck with it for now, though I'll probably end up replacing the Becker with something else.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 40937

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stulees65
Back