Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Power Steering

simon levy

every morning when i start up my 996, the power steering does not kick in. Eg: for about the first 10-15 seconds the steering wheel will not turn and then gradually it loosens up. has anyone else encountered this or can help identify the problem. The belt appears to be fine.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 40846

Power steering pump?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 40847

i've just had the pump changed and the problem is still there. Any other ideas?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 43118

I had a flexible brake hose de-laminate internaly and block itself once. It took ages to find the problem as it looked fine from the outside. I assume the hydraulic pipework for the power steering may be of a similar construction to flexible brake hose, so perhaps its done the samr thing, andyou have a blockage in your pipes!

Bob

Migration info. Legacy thread was 43329

Resurrected this as my power steering seemed to be lacking (actually non existent) for a couple of seconds after starting this morning. The car had been sitting unused and unloved for 4 days and it was freezing this morning. Don't know if that has any bearing on the matter.

The car is a 2001 996TT with 22k on it. Is a trip to the OPC waving the warranty on the horizon?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 111135

Just bumping this up as same thing this morning.

Any idea's anyone?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 111396

the cold weather has a lot to do with mechanics of your car this time of year, in extreme cold it takes a short while for it all to get going

Migration info. Legacy thread was 111413

Hi

Take it in to opc straight away, p/Steering will work down to -40 deg c (assuming the car will start!)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 111511

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
993gtnut
Back