Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Suspension advice heeded

Maxy M

Had the Bilsteins and H&R springs (plus one of Gert's front protection bars) fitted at Tognola on Thursday, along with new wishbones and front top-mounts plus full alignment etc (to RS settings).

Car feels really different. Well it would because the dampers and wisbones were knackered. But the car now sits a bit lower, the steering is much sharper with ferer vibrations at high speed and the ride much more controlled. It's also distinctly firmer. Only downside is a more 'granular' ride on 'rough' surfaces, like granite chippings on tar.

But overall I'm really pleased.

/images/migration/UploadedForumImages/181205%20-%201%20cropped%20painted(1).jpg

Migration info. Legacy thread was 40405

And another.

/images/migration/UploadedForumImages/181205%20-%203%20cropped.jpg

Migration info. Legacy thread was 40406

Oh, note also the repainted front PU (suicidal pheasnt, 70 mph), and ditto sills (stone chips) and new rear wheelarch foils.

Pics taken after 140-mile return trip to the chilly Cotswolds.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 40409

its pictures like this that gives me feelings of regret over selling my 993.

Daz.

C4S

Migration info. Legacy thread was 40411

Maxy, are you running slicks on the back or is it a trick of the light?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 40414

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Seagull on 18 December 2005

Maxy, are you running slicks on the back or is it a trick of the light?
LOL! It's a trick of the light - or the relatively low-res of the image. But they are getting a bit low on tread. I'm keeping an eye on them. (Since I've just spent half a fortune on the car recently, the Boss woudn't be too pleased about a tyre bill soon...)

Daz, I gather you're starring in 911&PW this month (or is it next month...? :? ). Since you had a 993 at the time, when did you write that letter???!!!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 40417

it's SOOOO clean (or is that too clean ?)

good work fella, did Pete T actually do the work ?

give it a few thousand miles and it would be interesting for all us Bilstein HD owners to compare notes...

Migration info. Legacy thread was 40427

That's SOOOO clean (!) - and Zymoled, of course.

Dunno for sure who did the work but I suspect it wasn't PT. No odd clonks yet... :wink:

Sundeep, have you got your suspension sorted mow?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 40431

Previous poster said:

GGRRRRRR :evil:

Quote: Originally posted by Maxy M on 19 December 2005

Sundeep, have you got your suspension sorted mow?
which will mean an end to my days at AmD...

which still accounts (one hopes) for the bumpy ride on motorways, although a lot better on track days !

which front splitters are those as they look like the proper front downforce ones ! and nice to see you also have the front protection bar !

Migration info. Legacy thread was 40436

They're the kosher RS splitters - again from Gert. I did wonder whether I should have gone for the 'ordinary' aerokit ones, but it all looks rather fine now, IMHO :D

FPB has already been effective... So rather pleased I went for it!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 40440

good work, but based on the 1st pic, is your car under offer ?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 40442

LOL!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 40445

May I enquire how many Maxy £'s the suspension work cost as that would be my next move if I have anything else done? Feel free to PM me if you don't want to share the costs with the world and Mrs Maxy!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 40507

Richard, no problem. The fitting plus full alignment - inc kine toe and corner weighting - was £400 plus VAT. In the event it cost £450 plus VAT cos of some corroded brake pipes that had to be cut off and replaced. The HDs and H&Rs came from Gert (approx £670 plus 20% Begian VAT - ouch) and the wishbones and top mounts were the standard bits - going rate is approx £320 for the bones and £210 for the top mounts.

The last two needed replacing anyway, along with the dampers, so it was a sensible time to spend a bit more dosh on the springs. Overall the deal was, I thought, good value, although I could have spent more, on RS wishbones, thicker AR bars - or even a 'bigger' package from Gert...

Migration info. Legacy thread was 40520

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SBSEA
Back