Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997C2S Headlight cracks

AaronC

My new 997C2S has cracks on the under neath of the covering glass. It is along the bottom 3rd of both headlights. Porsche Germany are currently refusing to warrant the glass, as they say there is a possbility I cleaned them incorrectly. They do say that a number of customers have reported the same problem and they are trying to see if there is a manufactutring problem.

I am obviously very unhappy with the situation (and Porsche in general), so any advice would be welcome from fellow owners.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 40029

its happened on lots of 997's already porsche know about it and will replace your headlights under warranty

Migration info. Legacy thread was 40109

Hi 911doctor,

thanks for your reply, as you have given me some confidence that it may get sorted finally. So far they are refusing to fix it under warranty. If anyone can contact me to give me details of a successful claim that I could go back to Porsche with, this would be much appreciated.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 40142

AaronC which OPC (or OPS again in this case) are you trying to get this resolved with?

Doesnt start with an H does it??

Migration info. Legacy thread was 40154

didi the OPC refuse to replace them then? which one was this?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 40167

Hi All,

I purchased the car through Porsche Guildford (Surrey), and they have been liasing with Porsche UK who in turn have been liasing with Porsche Germany. It is Germany that is refusing to fix the lights under warranty. They will not come out and inspect my lights. Their claim of possible damage through washing to me seems to be verging on the rediculous due to the cracks being underneath the glass (and I believe the unit is sealed), so there should be no way that any normal washing materials could affect this area. I also explained that I have only washed the lights with water (what else would you use?). Seems to me that their warranty is meaningless.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 40239

Am i missing something here what has this got to do with AG? you bought a UK car with Porsche Guildford, surely UK should do this no questions asked. Im getting really p****d off how Porsche treat their customers, how much did you spend for f****s sake, I really am considering jakin the car in and buyin something else :evil:

rant over

Aaron best advice i can give is to check some of the US 911 forums like rennlist.com loads of 997 owners their, no doubt as you say this has occured before on other 997 so would be a good place to have a look or for advice.

good luck keep us posted.

....rob

Migration info. Legacy thread was 40256

This is almost unbelievable. But it is Porsche we talking about here. Whereas most car makers would agree "that shouldn't be like that", seems that P dealers nearly always say it must be your fault. Then when challenged they reluctantly go cap-in-hand to P UK, who say No. (Or is it "Compu'er says Nah..."?)

Porsches have a 2-yr warranty, but they're the only car maker that has never paid a warranty claim.

Threaten legal action/Sale of Goods Act/etc. Or never buy a Porsche again.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 40267

guilford have a bad rep so try another dealer

Migration info. Legacy thread was 40286

911 doctor i have often wondered whether taking my car to another dealer with the same problem would help, i would of thought that once you take your car in to be looked at surely its logged on the computer, is this not the case?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 40327

not necessarily - AaronC, did you actually speak to customer services or did the dealership just tell you that porsche ag wouldnt pay for it? i think it would be best if you phoned another main dealer not owned by the same company.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 40334

Hi All,

I welcome all of your replies and support. I have spoken to as many different people at P Guildford as I could find in the hope that one of them would be sensible, but no luck there. eventually I phoned P UK and thought I was getting somewhere, as I asked for a written copy of the warranty. He replied that there isnt one, as everything apart from wear and tear is warranted. He said he would investigate my case and get back to me. When he came back, he said that it was with P Germany, and as things stand currently there would be no warranty on this claim. He added that the Germans are investigating if there is a manufacturing issue, but otherwise no deal. I could go on and on about the different converstaions, with some of them being really laughable.

I threatended Sales of Goods act, but P UK said I must do this with P Guildford and I would not get anywhere, as the car is still driveable. P. Guildford says it has no affect on the cars driveability or value etc etc. They will not change my lights with one of their second hand cars (even though they say it will not affect the value of their car).

I have cancelled my 911 Turbo order. My work mate is considering cancelling his order. The man at the Cayman launch party that I talked to is definitly staying an Audi customer.

Anyone who has driven anything up to £100K and liked it etc, then I am willing to take a reccommendation. I will keep you all posted as to any news.

Regards,

Aaron

Migration info. Legacy thread was 40336

How sad. Morally the right stance for you, but wouldn't it have been nice for them to say "£60K+ car, that should never happen sir; we'll fiix it"? That way you'd have been happy.

Now they've lost you and probably most of the people you tell about this (no need to shed tears), but you've had your owning experience soured. Owning a car - any car - is more than about whether it's driveable.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 40339

I did a lot of research before i bought my car, but it was mostly on the actual car. Hearing experiences such as Aron's truly makes me wonder what Porsche are thinking. I hope they realise soon that its about more than engineering, its an experience and way of life even that we buy in to.

I don't blame you Aron but I hope you get treated fairly and return to the Porka fold...keep the 997tt order!(even if they do resemble souped up Cayman's... :wink: )

Migration info. Legacy thread was 40343

This is absolutely incredible.

Irrelevant that the headlights are not designed to crack, therefore there must be a design, material, manufacturing or instalation issue.

The dealer should stand by it's customer, even if the manufacturer won't, they should consider customer satisfaction and future business. Which they have now lost. £500 headlighs Vs 997 Turbo order...hmm... let us think about that for a while

I would give the dealer some examples of Anglo Saxon English and buy a Lambo.!

Ach tu Shiser...my only German phrase, probably spelt wrong..!

Graham

Migration info. Legacy thread was 40388

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back