Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

remote problems

911Silverback

Nurburgring
Hi all

i changed the battery in my key because i was starting to have problems with the c/locking, i thought it was a simple battery fading issue, however since i changed it the remote does not work at all, i swapped the batteries over double quick within a few seconds, so I'm now having to use the key to open and lock the car

any advice appreciated, cheers...rob

Migration info. Legacy thread was 39283

Not that I'm an expert, but I think you may have erased the memory in the remote by changing the battery - On 993's you need the RED master key and then it's a simple case of reprogramming. If you have the key, but no instructions, then a visit to the local 'friendly' OPC could be a quick fix.

Can't give any more advice..........sorry.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 39363

Guys

I've
changed the batteries on both my remotes on my 993 without any memory loss, I don't know if its different on a 996 but I would have a look at the manual.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 39386

I can't offer any help, but would be interested in the solution. :wink:
For the first time yesterday i was treated to the full bells and whistles treatment. The car had not been used for 5 days, so remote wasn't working, attempted to unlock and deactivate the alarm, when it went off.

on the plus side, i saw lots of my neighbours checking to see what was happeneing, so thats nice to know.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 39395

F1D, I think that is normal for C4S, if you read the manual I think 5 days is the longest you can leave the car before the alarm switches to a default to save the car battery. It automatically activates when the door is unlocked because of a voltage sensor.

Daz.C4S

Migration info. Legacy thread was 39462

Darren, this makes sense to me i think the same must apply to my GT3, i often leave my car for more than 5 days at a time, and then have had to use the key to open the door and quickly put key in ignition before the alarm goes off. Also i do have a spare key which i found and im hoping this will resolve my problem in the short term, saves a trip to my local OPS

Migration info. Legacy thread was 39486

how quick does the led flash in the key head when you press the button?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 39715

if you have a 996/ boxster

after 5 days the alarm goes into sleep mode

to stop the alarm going off when you open the door using the key

put the key in the igniation and turn the ignition on within 10 seconds and the alrm doesnt go off

Also if you change the car battery, put the key in the ignition, turn to the first position it stops the alarm from going off, when you disconnect the flat battery

Migration info. Legacy thread was 39717

Ah, thats where i went wrong. I knew about the 5 day sleep mode, but didn't know that i had to get the key in the ignition so soon to stop the alarm.

Luckily a combination of not leaving it for 5 days very often and unwittingly fufilling the 10 sec criterea when i did meant i have only been deafened once! :wink:

Thanks Mark.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 39718

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Camarocane
Back