Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

993 'performance' air box

Matthew Clunk

Trainee
I've seen a 'performance' air box listed for the non-turno, varioram 993. Does anyone have any experience of this mod? and apart form the little chrome intake for aethetics what effect on performance, sound, filter and efficiency do the extra air holes actually make? Basically is this a worthwhile sensible modificiation to consider?

[email protected]

Migration info. Legacy thread was 39132

I put one on my 993 and all it did was slightly change the noise from the air intake, a bit throatier.

It was a waste of time for me.

A cheap allternative would be to drill holes in your existing airbox and fit a power filter.

Daz.

996 C4S

Migration info. Legacy thread was 39133

It is basically standard bax with holes on it to give a bit more induction noise. You can drill the holes youself like many of us had done. The sound improvement is great for the price (ie free), but don't expect any BHP gain, certainly not noticible gain.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 39145

Thanks for that - I doubt its worth £75 this box lid on ebay then as you can get the chrome trim and a drill bit for much less

Migration info. Legacy thread was 39152

I have to say, they do sound nice- I have a Fabspeed one on mine.

BTW Matthew- I'd not put your email address on the site if I were you as you may apparently get loads of spam/viruses...

Robert.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 39153

I had one fitted to my 993 last week (along with the motorsound chrome tips and RSR exhaust) - AWESOME combo, especially above 4k rpm but even when ticking over the sound is soooo much better.

Paul

Migration info. Legacy thread was 39183

Have one on my 993 and it sounds great. Just need RSR's for Xmas to finish it off!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 39198

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kjcsr911
Back