Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Color

neil robinson

Just placing the final spec on my new 997 - delivery early next year. Big fan of guards red but seem to be in a very small minority. Advice please.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 38983

I had a new 911 on order which was always going to be Bassalt Black or GT Silver..........then I changed my mind, saw a GT3 in Guards Red & it was a WOW.....believe me it does look impressive but it's not subtle...if you don't mind it shouting to everyone "look at me I drive a Porsche" then go for it.....resale is not supposed to be as good however. After all it will also make you different from all the rest in their blacks, greys or silvers!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 38985

IMHO guard red looks more "appropriate" on a car with spoilers etc that gives it a more "extrovert" and aggressive look. Box standard 911 is just too cool, smooth and curvy for red I think. But then it's your money and you'll be driving it, so go for whatever colour you feel good in.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 38994

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Butzi on 29 November 2005

IMHO guard red looks more "appropriate" on a car with spoilers etc that gives it a more "extrovert" and aggressive look. Box standard 911 is just too cool, smooth and curvy for red I think. But then it's your money and you'll be driving it, so go for whatever colour you feel good in.
You could be right there Mick, a jealous mate says the GT3 in red, just screams "f**k off, I'm fast, don't mess".

Migration info. Legacy thread was 38996

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Rob J on 29 November 2005

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Butzi on 29 November 2005

You could be right there Mick, a jealous mate says the GT3 in red, just screams "f**k off, I'm fast, don't mess".
and I bet everybody listens! :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 38997

Yeah & I tootle along at 5mph below every speed limit, just because i know I can go faster!!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 38998

No ones's mentioned forest green yet!? :p

Migration info. Legacy thread was 39000

It would make a change, just about every 997 i have seen seems to be Basalt Black, they are all still nice and shiny, but pretty soon will be impossible to keep looking clean.

Its so hard to tell if the red will suit the car without actually seeing an example, the C4S and GT3 above obviously work.I think Butzi has a point, what variant 997 are you lucky enough to be getting? I guess even the vanilla model has an aggressive stance that could carry it. The C2S i think looks very nice in red

, not sure i'd have the bollox to get one though... :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 39001

sorry...meant to include image...

/images/migration/UploadedForumImages/red997rear3.jpg

Migration info. Legacy thread was 39002

I think you will find the word is colour, unless of course you are a Sherman. :D

Migration info. Legacy thread was 39005

Base 996 in red? No. 993? Oh no! 996 C4S, 996 Turbo, 997? Look great IMO.

But folk seem to think red is sooo last decade... Which will affect depreciation (adversely). But if you don't mind helping buyers like me a bit farther down the track, you carry on. :)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 39010

It's German; it's got to be silver. Red is for those Italian things.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 39028

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stulees65
Back