Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Petrol Cap

Toby Low

Minor problem - but irritating none the less. Pulled the filled cap release in my 3.2 and it came off in my hand - and I now cannot get to the tank to fill her up. Is there an easy repair solution (or even a temporary work-around) or do I need to take it in to see my friendly professionals?

Toby

Migration info. Legacy thread was 38920

I seem to remember that you are able to reach the cable and give it a pull - just open the bonnet and look behind the carpet?? Hope I'm right - good luck -

LJ

Migration info. Legacy thread was 38925

You should be able to gently insert a screwdriver into the gap between the flap and the body and ease back the catch gently to release the flap. There is not a massive clip holding it in place - just a plastic catch. If you cant do it, find a local 993 - get him to demonstrate what it looks like under the flap so you know what to aim for.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 38947

Thanks both - I'll check under the bonnet and then try the gentle screwdriver approach.

Toby

Migration info. Legacy thread was 38958

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golfguy11800
Back