Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Exhausts for 996's

decompressing

postamble();
First of all an apology to those that went to the curry night on Sunday. I wasn't there (serious domestic problem that day, don't ask)....seeing the pictures it looked like you all had a great time. Come hell or highwater I will come to the next one!!

I don't know if anybody else has seen this on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Porsche-911-996-Sport-Sound-Muffler-Exhaust_W0QQitemZ8015533456QQcategoryZ38786QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Looks good value for money compared to the real thing (ok, I know you don't get the switchable thing, but for about £1,500 less than the genuine article, I could live with that).

Anybody got one? What do people think? It looks worthy of consideration, if nothing else...

Marc

Migration info. Legacy thread was 38691

Blimey ... sounds too good to be true. Perhaps you should act as guinea pig & get one fitted!

Careful of the noise though as it'll bar you from many track days it it really goes above 105db...

Migration info. Legacy thread was 38693

I would also be very interested in the awnser of does it work.

Daz.

C4S

Migration info. Legacy thread was 38696

Don't your years start bleeding at 105db!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 38697

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Chris Fellows on 24 November 2005

Don't your years start bleeding at 105db!
yes your years do bleed which is why its handy not to be middle-aged

Migration info. Legacy thread was 38703

postamble();
does anybody know what the db output is on a OE Porsche sports exhaust?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 38744

Good question! I looked very hard to try and find this out, with no luck i'm afraid. The only pointer I could find is that apparently it fails the Bedford Noise test, and thats 101 db.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 38750

The max db for a new car is 75 according to EU regs, I think.

This does not apply to MOTs.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 38753

Yeh, but the OEM sports exhaust cuts out between 31-44 mph which is the specified test zone for the noise regs. Its very annoying! You can overcome this by cutting out a diode, smth i am very tempted to do, but have not got round to yet.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 38756

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back