Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

pccb's

911Silverback

Hi

I'm sure this topic has been covered on here before, however cant find anything when i put in a search.

Does anybody know of anyone that has successfully got there pccb discs replaced under warranty or given some type of compensation for replacements?

My friend has a GT2 done 16000 just out of full warranty but does have the extended for what it worth, his car was bought by someone else from Porsche GB 4 months ago and my friend bought the car 6 weeks ago.

He noticed recently the brakes were getting very noisy so he took it to Reading apparently the discs have started to pit and surprise surprise not covered under warranty, no good will gesture nothing.

Any suggestions/ideas or info how he should proceed please let me know as i have the pccb's on my car too. I know they dont last the 100,000 miles as per the official Porsche release when these brakes come out but 16000 doesn't seem a lot to me, the car has never been tracked either.

ps. heard that CGT pads are much better and they fit GT2 and GT3 ok, however not sure about the price difference, help with his would be useful to.

pps.. and you should change pads every 5000 miles so mine need doing now as prevention seems better than cure!!

Thanks...rob

Migration info. Legacy thread was 38028

don't think anyone has got anything out of Porsche on the PCCB...that's why a lot of folk have switched back to steel

normal driving, you'll probably get 100k + but throw in a few track days and all other such activites and the excess heat is the killer of PCCB's... they won't fade but it does erode their life quicky

Migration info. Legacy thread was 38036

Surely somebody has taken on Porsche over this!

the car has not been tracked

Official Porsche release states a servicable life of 100,000 miles

What does that mean then???

Migration info. Legacy thread was 38039

if you friend had bought his car recently from an OPC then he needs to keep getting back to PGB with this issue and they may change their mind and offer goodwill gesture to change them, assuming existing life was not made clear at the time i.e. they sold a car with pccb and didn't make it clear how long they would last, etc

may work but this PCCB issue has been around since their launch, like I said a lot of owners are switching back to steels (after some very expensive bills) whilst the research continues...

Migration info. Legacy thread was 38043

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back