Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Long time coming...

EddieC

... but finally I managed to take some piccies of my 996 4S. Just didn't have time to wash it first. Too busy driving it to the location and still have some decent light available to shoot with.

/images/migration/UploadedForumImages/DSC_0108_NR2(1).jpg

/images/migration/UploadedForumImages/DSC_0109_NR2(2).jpg

/images/migration/UploadedForumImages/DSC_0135_NR2.jpg

/images/migration/UploadedForumImages/DSC_0116_NR2.jpg

/images/migration/UploadedForumImages/DSC_0122_NR2.jpg

/images/migration/UploadedForumImages/DSC_0123_NR2.jpg

Migration info. Legacy thread was 37963

Absolutely Lovely! Never was a huge fan of red but it looks really awesome!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 37964

Lovely. Nice wheels - I mean the four round things...

Migration info. Legacy thread was 37966

did your tripod fall over in the 2nd,4th and 6th shot? :wink:

seriously tho thats a stunning looking motor...............not really a guards red fan on the 993/996/997's.......but thats made me revise my opinion

Migration info. Legacy thread was 38013

Not normally a guard red fan either but it surely looks good on this car. Did you say that's before you wash it? What is there to wash?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 38015

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Roddy Kennedy on 17 November 2005

did your tripod fall over in the 2nd,4th and 6th shot? :wink:
LOL! :D

Migration info. Legacy thread was 38024

Tripod falling over (actually it was also falling over on the 3rd shot as well)? LOL!!! Made my day!

Addressing some of the questions, the 4S is almost a standard 02 car, with sports seats and just 4500 miles on the clock when I bought it last October. Not really had much time or chance to really enjoy it until I shot those photos. Might consider adding a sports exhaust later.

As I've said before, I simply didn't have the time to wash the car prior to the shoot. However, with careful in-camera composition (which is why there are no ultra-close-ups) and my Photoshop skills, a lot of the dirt has diappeared. If one looks really hard, the wheels and the rear screen will give an indication of the amount dirt on the car. Trust me, it was dirty.

Normally all my cars have to be red, so easy choice - but had to wait a while until the right car came along. I was actually looking for a Ferrari F355 at the time. Guess I'll have to skip the 355 and get a 360 when I have to replace the 4S (unless Porsche tempt me with something else).

Migration info. Legacy thread was 38051

Almost went red myself when I first started looking for a C4S. I think it suits the car far better than any 993 variant. Mrs H didnt agree tho so I wnet midnight instead.

your pics prove my point I reckon

Migration info. Legacy thread was 38094

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Autocraft1
Back