Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

OPC Purchase

Will S-J

Folks,

I'm seriously considering importing a LHD 996 targa. Given RMS issues I'm looking at OPC cars, some of which come out at a reasonable £32-33k starting price, so I get the P-car warranty for this first year.

I then have a few numpty questions...

1. As I'm buying from an OPC do I need to arrange a separate inspection - I assume Porsche dealers perform an equivalent to a PPI on their cars?

2. Is there a European equivalent of HPI or, again, do I not need to be worried about this given it is coming from an OPC?

3. I've ordered the guide on importing cars from the DVLA - anyone have any idea how much I should budget on spending to perform the import all-in (I intend to drive it back!)?

Thanks in advance, hope to join 'the club' soon....

Will S-J

Migration info. Legacy thread was 37831

I wouldn't worry about the hpi- I'd imagine main dealers have this covered. The ppi issue will be covered by the warranty, but there is the issue of whether UK dealers will honour the euro warranty. Probably a question for a uk OPC, but I'd have thought you'd be fine.

I would imagine that many continental dealers are fairly well versed in folks importing cars into the UK, and could advise you.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 37839

Have you tried

http://www.lhdporsche.com/

I guess it may cost a little more but they have had the hassle of importing etc....And they claim to have Porsche warranties. I believe somebody on thsi site bought from them.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 37852

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Martyn1 on 15 November 2005

Have you tried http://www.lhdporsche.com/ I guess it may cost a little more but they have had the hassle of importing etc....And they claim to have Porsche warranties. I believe somebody on thsi site bought from them.
I did and they can. Also prices are very competitive compared to sourcing yourself directly from German OPC's. The Porsche warranty is not an issue and local UK OPC's cannot refuse to extend unless the car fails the 111 point check. If the original Manufacturer warranty is still valid when you get the car, then renewal is no prob (Tonbridge OPC renewed mine with a cursory check done during the service).

As with any purchase, eyes wide open, but definitely good value to be had. Send me a PM if you want some in depth info.

Mark

Migration info. Legacy thread was 37853

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back