Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

No longer a wannabe...

Guy Martin

I am now the very proud (and happy) owner of a 911 (3.0SC). I have several thousand questions about it, but for now i thought i'd just share my joy with others, esp Marc Rogers

"I know down the track I'll have to spend $$$ as things need replacing, but tell ya what, the smile this car puts on my face each and everytime I jump in it, is worth every dollar."

Starting to really know what you mean :D

Had to go with the SC for Insurance Marc...maybe a 3.2 Carrera next (or 964...)

Anyway, it's Guards Red, got Turbo 1 alloys and a Power Marques twin exhaust which sounds superb.

Thanks for all the enthusiastic posts, helping me make the decision to move into ownership. Depending on the next 12 months, possibly lifelong ownership.

Rambling now, but still VERY happy

Guy

Migration info. Legacy thread was 34849

Congrats, I'm sure you will not regret it.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 34852

hey Guy, I'm happy for you.

any pics?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 34854

Cheers Martyn and Noony, will sort some pics out soon

Migration info. Legacy thread was 34856

nice one Guy................i have only 3 weeks for my dream to come true

Migration info. Legacy thread was 34868

Good starter choice, congrats and look forward to seeing your gal :)

What made you choose this model Guy? (sorry if I missed previous posts)

Hey you are only 15mins away from me :lol:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 34869

Well done Guy.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 34879

Nice one Guy. The SC is a lovely piece of machinery. I really miss the sound of that engine. I had mine for about 7 years, and loved every minute of it.

The thing that always amazed me about the SC was the incredible reliability and low cost of ownership. Never skipped a beat in seven years, dirt cheap to insure, very little work ever needed during servicing, and still turns heads.

Just watch out for that arse in the wet ...

Migration info. Legacy thread was 34895

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Guy Martin on 05 October 2005

I am now the very proud (and happy) owner of a 911 (3.0SC).

Well done, they all cost money to run, but what the hell! You only live once.

I`m a donny lad too, but now living in exile in N. Lincs.

Dave

97 993tt

96 993C2

Migration info. Legacy thread was 34927

Sundeep, it's an '83, so it's the 204Bhp model, though it's been dynoed(?) at 218 (prob the exhaust?)

Roddy, i hope it's as much fun for you as mine is for me, i'm still in a "scared of expenses" state of mind, but as soon as i calm down i know i'll not regret it (unless of course my fears prove founded, and an engine re-build is needed shortly :? )

Mike, i work in Barnsley, so if you're in the carlton area around 6:55am, you'll hear me :D

As for the reasons for the SC...

I started looking for an old SL merc (in that, if i had £x to spend, what classic could i get kind of way). I punched into confused.com the details, and got a decent quote from Lancaster Insurance. Went to their site, and for a laugh put in for a 911 quote (always wanted one, but thought i'd have to be well over 30 before i got one). It wasn't as bad as i expected, so i started investigating, looking around etc, and as the days went on, became more serious about getting one (BTW, Lancaster would only insure me with a reasonable quote for the SC or earlier...). As i looked i kept upping my limited budget, seeing that a cheap 911 is cheap for a reason :roll:
. On the verge of giving up, but thought i'd look at one more. It's now sat on my drive.

Also, didn't want to lose money on the car (well, as far as is practical), and as my mate pointed out to me, "buy this and need a rebuild, it costs you £2500 but makes it easier to sell. Buy a Mondeo for £10k, a years trouble free motoring will cost you £3k when you come to sell." (i'll keep reminding myself of this).

Thank you Warren, i agree, i have done well :wink:

Glad you liked yours so much JayT. It does sound beautiful, and i keep reading of it being the best "My first Porsche" in terms of reliability etc. Like you say, it's a head turner, which i think still looks fantastic 20 years on. Never mind watching the arse in the wet, i'm still scared when it's bone dry out there!!!

Thanks for the comments everyone, pics to follow.

Guy

Migration info. Legacy thread was 34931

Why would anyone leave Yorkshire David, why...?

Yeah, i appreciate that it will cost me, but hell, there's only one thing thats great fun and free, and the missus has banned me from doing that...so the next best thing, a scary, slidy, sexy, loud 911!

Will get my own pics soon enough. but till then click this
http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/50930.htm

Cheers

Guy

Migration info. Legacy thread was 35056

Quite a while back - like 15 years... - I REALLY wanted a 204 bhp 911SC. I did have the money (and I drooled over the ads in the Sunday Times every week and visited some dealers), but I really should have spent it on other things - and did.

Then the 993 eventually came out and I decided I MUST have one of those. But the 911SC Sport I still regard as very special. They just looked (and still look) so great.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 35061

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back