Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Chipped Windscren

Pete Melsom

Silverstone
Has anyone had a windscreen stone chip repaired recently? What was the resulting repair like, invisible? Who did you use? How much did it cost?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 34060

I had one done a while ago by Autoglass or Autowindscreens- can't remember as a few years ago- but most impressive. I couldn't tell where the repair was.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 34074

Autoglass are advertising on the radio at the moment - they say they'll come to your home, workplace, whatever and repair a chip for free. Best check with your Insurance policy first though.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 34078

Cheers guys, I checked with my Insurance company then rang Autoglass, they came out to my workplace within a couple of hours and did the repair, I can't say it's totally invisible but it's much better than it was and it's stopped it from getting any worse. The repair guy said it's important to get these chips repaired a.s.a.p. otherwise road grime gets in and causes discolouration and it's possible for water to get in, freeze and cause more damage. The repair was free, it's covered by my comprehensive Insurance policy and doesn't hit the NCB.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 34101

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biel
Back