Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Dent question...

Robertb

Yas Marina
AARGH! Following a minor altercation in my garage between my car and a garden umbrella, the rear wing of my car has been dinged.

So now my RHD 993 now has a small dent in the drivers side rear wing which I would like dealt with via paintless dent removal.

It is located about six inches from the door, eight inches from the base of the rear side window.

I've heard there are oil coolers/tanks in the RH rear wing of the 993 which might cause a problem with access to the back of the panel to push the dent out- has anyone had any experience with this?

Thanks

Robert.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 33963

Hi Robert, there is an oil tank behind the uk drivers side rear wing, but maybe they can use suction to pull out the dent, if there isnt any space behind the wing?

Bummer.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 33979

Prob worth a go with the suction- I suspect the strip-down costs would make a proper repair ludicrous.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 34032

Have you thought of employing the services of one of the Dentmaster's. The minor dents they can repair is quite amazing.

The guy I have used on previous cars (BMW's) has always managed a perfect repair and I would not hesitate to let him work on my Porsche. I would be most surprised if they can't sort it providing the paint is not cracked.

Mark

Migration info. Legacy thread was 34314

Agreed use dentmaster and let them worry about how to do it!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 34316

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
briant1000
Back