Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Wheel Problem?

Pete Melsom

After leaving the Beaulieu Auto Jumble yesterday(which by the way was gigantic, but no Porsche related stuff), I suddenly realised I had a very loud squeal coming from a wheel, almost like the noise you hear on the London underground sometimes. It sounded serious, I pulled over to see what was going on, but couldn't find anything obvious apart from what appeared to be finely ground gravel sitting in the offside rear wheel rim. I decided to limp on a bit further, only to find the squeal had completely gone. My theory is that as I left the Beaulieu car park via a long loose gravel road I picked up a stone which got caught between brake pad and disk, when I braked the stone was crushed, hence the ground up gravel and the dissapearance of the squeal. My question is..... would I have done any permanent damage to the disk? There is no visual sign of damage, and no warning lights.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 33674

I think it is more likely to be between the caliper and wheel - maybe take the wheel off and look for scratches on the inside of the rim?

LJ

Migration info. Legacy thread was 33679

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back