Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

motorcyclists...

mark cater

/images/migration/UploadedForumImages/car_scratch1.JPG
/images/migration/UploadedForumImages/car_scratch.JPG
Whilst travelling in london a motorcyclist cut me up and scraped my front left side bumber. He drove off and i didn't get a chance to get his plate. It was heavy traffic so couldnt pursue.

The bumbers plastic and the car boxsterS with metallic paint.

I have included pics and am looking for advice on the best way to get it repaired.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 32701

Gits- really annoying.

The pics didn't make it on to your post, but if it is just paint damage I would suggest that a trip to a bodyshop is the way to go. You may be lucky if you get a good 'chips away' stylee bloke who can touch in that bit for you if you are not madly fussy, but in the long run a proper respray of the PU is probably the only way to go.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 32713

that will be the majority of london motorcyclists :evil:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 32716

Not only in London, I can assure you.

I was travelling in slow moving town traffic in Gloucester yesterday with my right indicator on just about to turn right when, You've guessed it, some Tw*t on a motorbike was just overtaking. If I hadn't spotted him in my wing mirror he would have been wiped out.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 32718

What is it with these guys - my pet hate is in slow moving traffic, these guys love to drive down the middle of both lanes of oncoming traffic, no doubt thinking that they are kinds of the road, but then also love to leave their pulling back in to the last minute,meaning into the gap i have left for braking.i then have to look at the back of some leather wearing gimp before he decides to go away.

Mind you i also love harrassing the hoards of german bikers that the alps seems to attract every summer - bmw tourers ambling along some high alpine pass when i want to "press on".

Apologies to any bikers in here. :twisted:

Mark - you have my sympathy.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 32719

just dont wipe a motorbiker out in france

they ban you from driving for 12 months, your fault or not

they ban you for having a radar detector,

they fine you £500 forn speeding,

and send all there immigrants to us

Appart from le Mans what is the point of the place

Oops sorry strted to rant

and i never even mentioned the Farmers

Migration info. Legacy thread was 32720

there is more nobs drive cars than ride bikes why should a bike wait in traffic if they can drive down the middle you would if the car would fit why have a porsche that does 100+mph when the speed limit is 70mph this is a stupid thread

Migration info. Legacy thread was 32723

Thank you Ferrari's Rule. Not all bikers are tw*ts. Some (like me) are really quite sensible riders. I can't currently afford a Porsche, so I cheered myself up by taking my bike test. If you guys think a Porsche is fast and fun, you really should try a Honda CBR 600 RR. There's room on the back of mine if any of you fancy.....

Is that the real problem you have with bikers? That they are all a lot faster than you on the road for a fraction of the price? Me thinks yes. BTW, there are a lot foPorsche drivers out there who are tw*ts as well.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 32725

actually i have read all this again and the topic of the thread Topic: killamotorcyclist.com is terrible i think you are a total nob for posting this i bet you drive your pretend porsche [boxter] in the outside lane of the motorway at 70mph and never move over what a w**ker you are the title of this thread annoys me posted links on ferrai chat and pistonheads to let people see the mentality of someporsche drivers

Migration info. Legacy thread was 32727

Steady on folks. I don't think anyone here really wants to 'kill a motorcyclist' and let's try and avoid this thread descending into a car vs bike debate or a 'typical porsche driver attitude' thread.

I'm sure that Mark's thread was so titled in the heat of the moment after his car had been damaged by an inconsiderate
tw@t
. He makes no further comment about bikes and is looking for advice on how to fix his car.

But, my 2p's worth- I've seen some loony driving in my time (and I dare say even been the protagonist occasionally!) and I've also seen some very stupid riding. It happens on the roads and we can probably all look to ourselves to better use the power of our cars/bikes responsibly.

We live in an area which is favoured by local bikers because of some good open roads and a popular biker cafe not too far away (Foxes Diner- next to M&P- some of you bikers may have been there) so I see all sorts, good and bad. On one trip short trip in the area on a sunny saturday a few weeks ago I saw THREE separate motorcycle crashes.

The fact is, most bikes are bl00dy fast, far faster over ground than just about any car. That takes proper skill to control, and also in my opinion that puts the onus on the bike rider to anticipate that a car driver simply might not expect to find a bike where it is either because it is approaching them at huge speed, or under-taking them.

Bikers are especially vulnerable and should not ride in a way which puts their own life at risk by expecting other drivers to make special allowances for them. That is just common sense.

Bikes, Porsches, Ferraris- we are all united in a love of speed and fine machinery... feel the love guys!

Robert

Migration info. Legacy thread was 32731

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by ferrari's rule on 24 August 2005

you are a total nob, what a w**ker you are
Charming !

you kiss your mother with that mouth?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 32732

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by ferrari's rule on 24 August 2005

actually i have read all this again and the topic of the thread Topic: killamotorcyclist.com is terrible i think you are a total nob for posting this i bet you drive your pretend porsche [boxter] in the outside lane of the motorway at 70mph and never move over what a w**ker you are the title of this thread annoys me posted links on ferrai chat and pistonheads to let people see the mentality of someporsche drivers
looks like he's back in season :twisted:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 32733

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jons123
Back