Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

What engine

Dave Watson

Prices vary alot for 911's I am now in the position where I can get the 996 facelift 3.6 for only a couple of thousand more than the 3.4, is the 3.6 a better buy/car than the 3.4?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 32544

If you can stretch to it, I'd go for the facelift car. It was better built inside, with a nice alcantara headlining (as have all 2001+m y cars), and the 3.6 has both more power and better economy (and sounds a bit fruitier too IMO). Possibly less susceptible to the dreaded RMS, but one gets conflicting reports.

And of course the 3.6 has cupholders (LOL)

What bodystyle/variant do you fancy?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 32712

And it looks a bit less like a Boxster :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 32724

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by marx on 24 August 2005

And it looks a bit less like a Boxster :wink:
yep !

Migration info. Legacy thread was 32735

From the advice I got when i was looking, i would say definitely get a 3.6 over 3.4 if you can. I didn't drive a 3.4 but was told the 3.6 is more driveable and better built even if no performance advantage due to the extra weight. I think they are equally susceptible to RMS though unfortunately.

IMHO the facelift looks a lot better and for re-sale it will probably be the better choice too.

AND it has the glove box as well as cup holders :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 32786

Thanks, I was originally looking for a cab but I think I will definately go for the facelift which will probably mean that the cab will be out of my price range.

Did see a good targa though and would consider, however, this was top price in a dealer.

dave

Migration info. Legacy thread was 32804

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bristolsparks
Back