Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Horn beep's twice when opening

ddcookson

Just recently purchased 3.4 996 C2 Cab done 36000mls. Well chuffed!!

Having lived with it for a couple of days I think I may have a couple of problems. I would be grateful for some information.

Horn beeps twice about two seconds after opening if the car has been left a while. Maybe a sensor problem anybody had similar or any info.

Secondly air conditioning isn't getting down to temp. How much to expect for gassing.

Thanks for the help.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 32253

Dear Sir,

I have just bought a 996 Carrera 4 Cab, and it has also just started doing this.

It was one beep and now has developped to two. with one beep the car actually locked but with 2 doesn't lock. I think it is something to do with the sensors or catches, but am not certain.

Did you find a solution ?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 34084

Well chaps, this must be catching.

I have a '01 996 C4. It too started to double beep on locking. This can be one of 2 things. Either :-

A) Something is not closed properly. This can include the centre console arm rest/ cover.

Or

B) There is a fault with the sensors within the cabin. If it's this, try pushing the lock button twice, about half a second apart. This will overide the interior sensors. It works on mine.

Re aircon, I had mine re gassed and then tested in early June. It cost me £65 inc vat. I think this is pretty much the going rate. Took about an hour all in all. It's worth asking yourself why it needs re-gassing. If the aircon is used on a regular basis, the seals in the pump will harden and start to let by. The gas than escapes. Or you could have a leak from a joint/union.

Get the person who re-gasses it to put some UV dye in there. If it leaks out again, you can use a UV lamp to help locate the leak.

Good luck!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 34091

Thank You very much for that. At least I can now get the car locked using your method of pressing the button twice. As a permanent solution, do I need to get the sensors replaced ?

Thanks again.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 34092

Yep, I had this problem, took it to Autobahn and they replaced the door switch on the passengers side - sorted.

'99 996 C4 tip (for sale)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 34096

I've had the one beep on locking problem for a while but it is intermittant. I bought the car from Autobahn so I'll mention it when it goes for a service.

Many thanks

Migration info. Legacy thread was 34292

Double beeping sounds as if one of the door locks is faulty - Get the OPC to check the Alarm system fault memory and it will give them some indication of the problem but will not necessarily identify the side - it is a 50 percent chance either way (drivers or passenger side lock). lock will cost around £350 plus 1 hour labour

good luck

Migration info. Legacy thread was 35016

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alanjf
Back