Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

'check engine' 993TT

smtk

Paul Ricard
Well I picked up my pride and joy yesterday from the dealer. A 993TT a dream I have had since first seeing one on top gear.

On the way home we noticed that the engine was running a bit ruff. It would fluff/cough on idle.

Then once we were home I noticed the "check engine" light was on solid amber.

It’s been tailored back to the dealer but I wondered if you guys could give me an idea what this could be as the manual is kind of vague.

So far in my 2hrs of owning a 993TT my dream has been broken :roll:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 32140

There could be a few things that cause this from a simple failing relay to airmass sensors. I'm not an expert but the car should be covered under the dealers warrenty and all issues should be covered. This is a blessing in disguise for you as it could have happened when the warrenty ran out and you woud be left footing the bill. Dont be disheartened I'm sure she will be back soon singing the right tones. Who did you buy it from??

Migration info. Legacy thread was 32141

Don't worry about it. I had similar issue when I first got my air cooled monster - it's a cars natural reaction to a new owner - bit like a new girlfriend - throwing an emotional tantrum to see if you'd leave at the first sign of trouble - the rewards will come soon!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 32143

nice looking machine. hope you get the issue resolved to your satisfaction.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 32145

Sorry to hear about your teething problems but im sure its something only small.

Looks very similar to a car I had PPI at Paragon with 50K miles about 2 weeks ago.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 32147

sorry noy Paragon - I meant autobahn.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 32148

If the light continues to cause problems I'd be happy to take a look. I have all the diagnostic equipment etc. My problem was caused by an O2 sensor wire lose in the socket - went to OPC about 6 times to try and diagnose it before I decided to do it myself - took 30 mins.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 32149

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Ray Kelly on 05 August 2005Sorry to hear about your teething problems but im sure its something only small.
Looks very similar to a car I had PPI at Paragon with 50K miles about 2 weeks ago.

yes it is the same car. No hard feelings i hope?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 32152

I hope you get th ecar sorted soon and can start to enjoy it.

BTW your signature is making me sea sick!!!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 32154

Ok changed the sig to a less sea sick one :p

I spoke to Autobahn today and they said there was a misfire and they are going to do further checks in the morning. Hopefully it’s an easy fix and its the end of problems not the beginning.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 32157

No, no hard feelings!

If it makes you feel any better I had the car checked out by Peter Morgan and he gave it a first class report so I would suggest its only something small and autobahn are a very reputable company.

By the way when I had the car PPI done about 11.30am I spoke to autobahn and told them I couldnt get up to see the car for 4 days. At 5.30 they phoned me back to say the car was sold!

Anyhow I have now found my car at strasse in guards red and collect it monday

At last!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 32159

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by smtk on 05 August 2005
Ok changed the sig to a less sea sick one :p
Thanks Im feeling better already!!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 32163

I don’t know where to be happy or worried at this point

I got a phone call from Paul saying they cleared the memory error and the car seems to be running fine. However I never like it when a mechanic tells me there’s nothing wrong when I know there is. To me that means either they can’t find the problem or they can’t be assed to fix it.

They are driving it back on Monday and I’ll have to see whether I’m going to accept it or if I think there is still a problem demanded they take it to an impartial garage.

I dont want to be playing car ping pong for the next few months

Migration info. Legacy thread was 32175

If the light is on permanently it's because it's detected a one-off fault. The Motronic ECU protects the engine; if it's a serious fault then boost will be restricted to .5 bar.

Often these intermitent faults are a pain to find. Ask them what the fault code was and report back.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 32176

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biel
Back