Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

911 sc 81 windscreen wipers

dookiez

Just bought my first 911, and found the window wipers are not working, Im having problems finding the motor for it to test if its working or if its the switch. Has anyone got any links to sites that have diagrams for such things, like a online version of the haynes manuals? I cud not find the windscreen motor on the penliguin parts site (which does seem very good for parts diagrams)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 31827

I had this problem with mine, if you look in the front boot at the back there is a large black cowl that covers the wiper and blower motor etc. This is held in place by about 6 bolts, once removed you can access the wiper motor. It's more likely that the linkage that connects the 2 wipers has seized and it's a right bitch to get at, you have to lie in the boot to get at it. If you undo the bolt on each wiper they just pull off then you have to undo the corresponding nut under the scuttle panel to release the linkage. The hardest part is the nut that connects the linkage to the wiper motor itself, if you undo that first of all and turn the wipers on you can see if the spindle is turning or not. Good luck, you'll need it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 32197

Oh, by the way you also have to remove the heater blower motor and pipework to get at it all. It's a right pain in the arse job that a garage would charge an arm and a leg for.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 32198

Check the fuses first - they chorode and can give poor contact. I had this problem with a brake light that gave up.

Its worth changing all the fuses - a very cheap preventive maintenance and ensures full voltage to the components they serve.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 32214

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SBSEA
Back