Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Windscreen washer fluid

Jon Hingston

Hi -

How do get the window wipers to sqirt water to the windscreen... and where is the water tank that provides the water for this? I can't find it. I have a 911sc

Please forgive me if this is a really laughable question but I know nothing about my new 911 (or indeed cars) and it didn't come with a users manual....

Thanks

Jon

Migration info. Legacy thread was 31107

Try popping open the fuel filler cap - in there should be a clear plastic filler next to the petrol cap - thats your screen wash fluid tank.

Is there not a switch on the dash for the screen washer? There was on my old 3.2 which isnt too dis-similar to an sc.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 31108

BTW - for an owners manual try Gmund Books - they have a web site something like Gmund collection. They stock owners manuals for most models and years - around 20 pounds.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 31112

Brilliant. Thanks guys. Any recommendations for a body shop guy in se london?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 31114

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Warren M on 08 July 2005
Try popping open the fuel filler cap - in there should be a clear plastic filler next to the petrol cap - thats your screen wash fluid tank.
Is there not a switch on the dash for the screen washer? There was on my old 3.2 which isnt too dis-similar to an sc.

I am not sure that it is the same on the SC but on the 3.2 there are two screen washes. The tank for the first one is where Warren has described. This is normal screen wash and is activated by pulling towards you on the windscreen wiper stalk.

The second is the high intensity screen wash, the container for this is in the bonnet (under the carpet, if you have carpet) located near the fuel filler. The button for operating this is on the dash. This takes some special Porsche fluid and also serves to wash the headlights (only if they are on).

Steven

Migration info. Legacy thread was 31122

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back