Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Servicing

My 993 targa is due its first service under my tenure.Have any of you had your car serviced by the following and what was the experience like?

1.West London OPC.This is only 10 minutes from where I live,so very convenient,but am I going to be ripped off?

2.Charles Ivey.Again convenient.Anyone had experience of their service?

3.JZM.Much less convenient but seem to have a good reputation,although there seem to have been recent rumblings about them.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 30977

I can vouch for 3). My service was expensive, but then that was down to rather a lot of "consumables" needing to be replaced all at once. Quality of the work was good, they kept me informed on progress and I had the use of a courtesy car while thay had mine.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 30978

have heard good things about Chelsea Carrera from a friend (but haven't used them myself)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 30979

Would't personally seek out an OPC. I'd favour an independent on value and quality grounds. I've read good things of JZM.

IMO there are always disatisfied people with any company as people have different expectations. However, if there is a common theme being expressed then it should be noted.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 30981

JZ have got v good reputation. Others on this forum speak highly of them. I had them sort out a few bits and pieces the other day, and they treated me well. Which reminds me, I need to book a service!

I too have seen/heard good reports of Chelsea Carrera. I too would not be inclined towards an OPC.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 30982

I'll recommend JZM, had tried other local independants as well as OPC, now I travel down from the midlands to get my car serviced by JZM. They've done a good job so far. Not the cheapest by any mean but they seam to know their stuff and certainly care for the car much better than the 2 OPC I've tried.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 30983

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lb456
Back