Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

993 price trends

Vinceg

Posted recent requesting feedback/opinion on current 993 market re a typical spec I had in mind – got lots of good feedback – many thanks to all that replied. Have 1 further question to the forum and again would be grateful for any opinions. Yes I know this is supposed to be a
heart thing - but unfortunately I’m a head guy so will probably over analyze before I splash the cash.

Question – what has happened to the 993 market over the past 12 months? I had heard that last summer saw a significant peak in prices where prices had been flat/rising in period prior to that, now falling although slowly. Is this so? I would assume that Cayman, new boxster, and creeping negativity re GB economy would be the primary influences here – thoughts? What would be your best guesses on value of a good late £30k now 993 value in 2 years?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 30716

Late 993 low mileage are allways going to be worth more than a early 996

they are know, the fashion won't change

Migration info. Legacy thread was 30721

Sentiment seems to have it that the market has softened since last year. However, the number of posts that are seen on this forum and others that start "looking for a good 993 . . ." and their follow ups "still looking for a good 993 . . . "would seem to suggest that good cars are becoming harder to come by. From what I remember of A level economics this would suggest that prices for good cars are not going to be falling too far in the near future.

All in my humble opinion of course.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 30726

I agree. In addition to the various people on this site, I know of several people who are looking for a 993, but are struggling to find a 'good' one. Once you've looked at a few that are not up to scratch, it isn't unusual for a buyer to pay a couple of extra £k for the right car. I think it's still a sellers' market for the best examples.

So, I reckon if you look after your 993, keep it serviced and don't run up massive mileages, then it will hold it's value pretty well. The fact that it was the last aircooled 911 will always carry a certain cache, and it's not just nostalgia. These cars still look fantastic on the road, and from the outside, look as up to date as anything.

All cars depreciate, but I genuinely think that 993 depreciation will be slow. I don't really see that the Cayman will really hammer the price any more than the boxter has. If you want a 911, no Boxter, Caymen, or Cayenne is ever really going to be a substitute is it?

Just my thoughts

Will

Migration info. Legacy thread was 30729

Sounds fair enough to me- a friend's colleague is selling an A1 993 C2S, 26k miles, private up for £39,995. Had two calls from serious punters withing three hours of posting the ad on Pistonheadsand sold it for the asking price the same day! He paid £40k for it 2 yrs ago.

S models and Targas are comparatively rare- less than 4k targas were supplied worlwide for example.

So I reckon there is plenty of demand for good cars, and this will always be so. Supply of excellent low mileage cars will theoretically drop over time, lending support for prices.

A more important driver of prices however is the wider economy. Goodness knows what that'll be like in 2 yrs and I'm an economist!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 30735

I have just joined this site and read these mails. I agree prices are still quite high and there are indications that they may maintain their status but for how long??? As with all great cars they will eventually wither unless kept locked away in a coccoon. Now lets face it who is really going to do that with a 993. They are great reliable cars and last very well and hence get used so the low milers you speak of now will be high milers in 2yrs time. Mileage should not always be such a stigma. Condition is more important these engines will last. My C2S has done a few miles but all the better for it she is in better condition inside and mechanically than all the low milers I tested. Only problem is I may have to part with her to move county. Anyone interested?? Also may need a left hooker 993 to soften the blow and replace her.

Anyway a big hello to you all!!!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 30853

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thatandywhite
Back