Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Getting my 996 Tommorrow !!!

craig denman

Hello all.

Waited all my life for this. 1998 C2. Picking it up tommorrow night.

Anything to look for other than the usual history etc ??

Its had RMS, Clutch, Header tank, exhaust.

Cheers

Craig

Migration info. Legacy thread was 29833

Congrats Craig - enjoy the moment - there is not much better feeling than achieving your ambition - except of course what to do next ................... :?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 29837

I'll second that- enjoy!

I note also that of course you are surrounded by fine driving roads over there in the Principality, as long as you can avoid Brunstrom's stormtroopers!

Robert.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 29854

congrats fella welcome to the club!

only thing to be really carefull about is oil and water

change your oil every 5000 miles or 6 months as per jap OPCs, also always make sure the water/coolant mix is correct (very important), and try to drive sensible the last 5 mins of your journey

other than that, drive it like you stole it!! have fun.

rob

Migration info. Legacy thread was 29858

Congrats! You will enjoy every drive! I still do and I have done 100,000 miles in 911's over the years! Give us the spec - colour, options etc etc!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 29888

Hi guys.

Picked it up last night . I am totally smitten. 996 c2 man. Ocean blue, sports seats, switchable exhaust.

Done 200 miles and in love already.

Going up the beacons all day tomorrow !!

Craig

Migration info. Legacy thread was 29941

Well done, don't forget the pic's !

Dan

:)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 29948

Fantastic mate. well done!!!

I am exactly the same and realised my own lifetime ambition buy buying a 996 in April. Every time i look at it I just cant stop smiling!!!! As for driving it ......yeah.

I worried like hell beforehand about buying the right one or not but to be honest I`m happy as a pig in wotsit now. I cant offer any advice because I`m new to this myself, but i just hope you have as much fun as I`m having!

zab

Migration info. Legacy thread was 30193

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mkrt1972
Back