Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

964 query

shaun gale

Hi guys.

Could anyone tell me what the switch with front and rear axles diagrammed across it does on my 964? It's circular, located just in front of the gear stick with an amber diode. I didnt get a handbook with the car when i bought it and being quite new to these cars i'd like to know exactly what it changes. After a 'fiddle' it seemed to make the car a little twitchy when cornering hard - does it affect the diff? Any feedback would be most appreciated.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 29391

I think you'll find it switches the car between 2 and 4-wheel drive...

Migration info. Legacy thread was 29404

The switch locks the centre diff for emergency/off road use for say when you are starting out in snow. Driving on road with it on will give you uneven tire wear and extra strain on the drivetrain. It doesn't switch between 2 and 4 wheel drive.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 29405

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back