Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

2003 C2 , 22,000km

MarkDXB

Guys what's your thoughts on this.
2003 C2 , 22,000km (Only!)
Sat Nav,
CD, Grey with Black Leather.
Imported from Germany to Saudi then from Saudi to Dubai.
Here's the best bit,,, Asl\king price is 23.5k!
Looks great, has had a ding but repaired (someone reversed into the front ).
/images/migration/UploadedForumImages/pORSCHE(1).JPG
No oil leaks, clean under( Been stood for a while so assume a drip or two would have been seen)
PCM needs a code.. Is this easily obtainable? ( NO SERVICE BOOK, He lost it)
I've asked Porsche and its not a Grey import, no record attached to the car.
The Chassis number is WPOZZZ99Z3S681418...ANYONE HAVE A CHECKER?
Drive reports
Start up, Car sort of rocked a bit to start with and made a not so good noise...... The car also rocked until it got warm then it settled down.... Slight wobble on the steering on acceleration which went at about 80kmh so I assume some balancing is required.
Its just been for a PPI,, they call it a conditioning report and it requires its 20km major service plus other items so a total bill of around 1000 pounds ( Brakes, oils etc etc)
Here the problem, a young guy selling it, clearly want the cash to fund a holiday....What else to look for? Its basically brand new......

Migration info. Legacy thread was 29227

Two ways of looking at this....

You are buying a pup but what the heck it's cheap and risk it. Place some money in a high interest account so that when it breaks you have the cash to fix it.

Or

You are being ripped off and the car is really a Nova with a body kit on it.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 29233

What does a car like this normally cost at an OPC in Dubai? There can't be many OPC's in Saudi and Dubai so you should be able to check the service history. As its just 2 year old, is it still under the manufactures warrentee? Sounds good if it is only going to caost £1000 to put right.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 29235

Hi,

i know someone who is interested in importing porsches from saudi and dubai the main reason being they are usualy rhd and the arabs dont drive around in a porsche more than 2 years old as its makes them look poor??

so iv been told anyway!!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 29252

Did anyone notice that under the number plate there are what looks like two brackets actually inside the bumper? Is something meant to be fixed here?

OPC here wont share information, Its a cultural thing and yes they don’t like to look poor and tend to be very materialistic placing no value sometimes on possessions!.

The Sat Nav CD players etc.. How easy is it to get the code to unlock it? I also assume I can get a new service book / manual so I can figure out what all the buttons are for?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 29253

Mankster, The warranty expired March 2005, OPC wont extend this either my guess is because its an Import. It states in the papers NON GCC specification.( need to find out what the actual difference is.)

The cost of a new C2 is about 38k(sterling) for a normal run of the mill machine!,

Migration info. Legacy thread was 29254

Not so good. managed to get some info from the KSA,

3 cars imported with the same
WPO
number!!......They all came in from Germany so I've back out as the number obtained from the inboard computer is different to the one on the windscreen... Could smell a rat! If I ever wanted to sell this car then it would be difficult.. Thanks for the inputs guys :)

The right car will come along........fingers crossed..X

Migration info. Legacy thread was 29279

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tobytobytoby
Back