Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

993 Niggles

Evil Jack

Monza
Hi folks. I've had my '96 993 C2 (53000 miles) about a week now (love it!). I know it will need new shocks and a clutch sometime soon, but there are two little niggles that are bothering me:

1.Annoying wind noise from the drivers door at over 55MPH. Is this normal? I can't remember it being as bad in the other 993's that I test-drove. If I put my hand up to the door seal whilst driving, I can't feel any draughts. Anyone know the best way to fix it. i.e I don't want to fork out on new seals, if the door can be adjusted or something...

2. The '!' dash warning light is not coming on with the ignition. The bulb is fine, because if I disconnect the '!' switch on the centre console, it lights up! Go figure...

I'll probably get these things sorted when it goes in for clutch and shocks anyway. I just wondered if anyone else had any experience with these issues.

Thanks.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 29024

1. sounds like one of the door seal rubbers need replacing.. wind noise is one of the 993 experiences !

2. as for the !, I assume you mean the 1st iginition stage, but does it work normally ? low fuel, etc

don't forget to post pictures........

Migration info. Legacy thread was 29026

Thanks for the reply!

1.I'll get a new seal and see if that does it then...(£80!!!!!!! :eek: )

2.Nah. It doesn't come on with fuel light/handbrake etc, but it lights up if I pull the connector out of the '!' switch...I can't figure it out. Maybe the switch is dodgy :(

Incidentally, are the other lights in the top half of the oil pressure/temp guage supposed to come on with the first ignition stage? I mean the 'check engine' one etc...All the other lights in the other guages come on/go off OK, but these don't..

I'll post pictures when we actually get some nice weather to take some :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 29032

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GT3161
Back