Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

NEW 997 Carrera 4 & Carrera 4S

Porsche

Donnington
On sale in the UK on Saturday 22nd October 2005. UK prices will be £62930 C4 and £69900 for the C4"S"

Even more dynamic road behavior – and 44 millimeters wider Stuttgart. The 911-type Carrera 4 and Carrera 4S all-wheel-drive coupes from Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG in Stuttgart are a further addition to the 911 model family and perpetuate a long and successful tradition. Porsche’s legendary 959 model and the first Carrera 4, which dates from 1988, were early evidence of this manufacturer’s competence in all-wheel-drive technology. A striking feature of these new 911 models: they are 44 millimeters wider over the rear fenders. The rear wheels of the Carrera 4 can therefore be fitted with 295/35 ZR 18 tires, and its “bigger brother” with 305/30 ZR 19 tires. Powered by the proven 3.6-liter six-cylinder engine, which has an output of 239 kW (325 bhp), the Carrera 4 accelerates from 0 to 100 km/h in 5.1 seconds and has a top speed of 280 kilometers per hour. The 4S model, with a 3.8-liter engine developing 261 kW (355 bhp), can reach 100 km/h in 4.8 seconds and has a top speed of 288 km/h. The all-wheel drive system has a multi-disk viscous coupling and transfers between five and 40 percent of the tractive force permanently to the front wheels, giving the two new coupes excellently balanced performance on bends until close to the handling limit, absolute straight-line stability up to top speed and improved traction on slippery roads. Porsche Stability Management (PSM) now has two new functions: the brake system is pre-filled ready for a full brake application, thus eliminating the air gap between the pads and the disk and making stopping distances even shorter. The second new PSM function is activated if the driver depresses the brake pedal quickly but not forcefully. In this situation, the hydraulic pump builds up extra pressure to bring all the wheels into the ABS range and ensure optimal braking. In its regular setting, Porsche Active Suspension Management (PASM) offers a sporty but comfortable basic shock absorber setup, but operation of the sport button activates a noticeably firmer mapped setting. In both settings, however, the suspension ratings are matched at all times to the driving style and road conditions. The active shock absorber system is a standard feature on the 911 Carrera 4S and an optional extra on the Carrera 4. On request, both models can also be fitted with sports suspension to lower the body 20 millimeters closer to the ground; this option includes a mechanical rear axle differential lock. The optional Sport Chrono Plus package is also available for the new all-wheel-drive models. It modifies the engine management characteristics and the control behavior of the PSM and PASM systems. The list prices in Europe are 71,100 Euros for the Carrera 4 and 79,900 Euros for the Carrera 4S. Prices in Germany (including value added tax and country-specific requirements) are 82,657 Euros for the Carrera 4 and 92,865 Euros for the Carrera 4S. The two models will be launched on the German market on October 22, 2005.

model_pic_c4_5.jpg

Migration info. Legacy thread was 28249

Maybe that ass is just too big...

Doubt if it would fit in my garage anyway. 8)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 28266

hm.. i still think the 996 version of C4S looks more special....

i'd still go for the 996 turbo tho for that kinda dough

Migration info. Legacy thread was 28285

996 Turbo the puppy's parts (as Hendo would say). :)
Just brilliant in every way. Want one.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 28298

hang on to the 996 4cs. it will become more desirable. btw, the 44mm extra is on the 997 'standard' car. it is not 44mm on the 996 4cs. it is about 10-12mm overall at the bum, of the 996 version.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 30091

Phat !

Migration info. Legacy thread was 30093

Good God what A shock!! Id just read the previous thread

My 993 at last,

when I hit return and saw what I thought said

My 997 Carrera 4 Topic Starter Sundeep

I was about to question why you hadnt told us you were changing from the Targa to a tin box, then I re-read it.
:D

Still Im sure its in the pipeline some time....

Migration info. Legacy thread was 30107

Looks just like a standard car to me, which is fairly wide anyway- you'd have to be a dedicated anorak to spot the difference. They didn't even include a full width reflector like the 996- which is the best looking of the 996s IMO.

And those wheels are horrid.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 30113

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Martyn1 on 16 June 2005

Good God what A shock!! Id just read the previous thread My 993 at last, when I hit return and saw what I thought said My 997 Carrera 4 Topic Starter Sundeep I was about to question why you hadnt told us you were changing from the Targa to a tin box, then I re-read it. :D
Still Im sure its in the pipeline some time....

Turbo please..

the upcoming Amd remap wil hopefully keep me happy but the car is now starting to feel slow !

Migration info. Legacy thread was 30114

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Robert Bill on 16 June 2005

Looks just like a standard car to me, which is fairly wide anyway- you'd have to be a dedicated anorak to spot the difference. They didn't even include a full width reflector like the 996- which is the best looking of the 996s IMO.

And those wheels are horrid.

Robert.. you're on the money again there.....

wheels are very 'normal' and an S with a full rear reflector, ain't a real one....

unless they are saving that for the turbo 1st and then add it to the S at a later point....

Migration info. Legacy thread was 30115

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mkrt1972
Back