Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

loss of power

leebo

Hi

I`m having a bit of a problem with my 996, some times when i boot it,the revs are going high but the car is not pulling as it should - it feels like an injection when it cuts out over 7000 revs, it doesn`t do it everytime but its getting worse. Does anyone have anyideas what could be causing this before i take it to the main dealer?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 27448

Could be a slipping clutch - how many miles has the car done?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 27449

Well it it tiptronic and its done 59,000 . It feel like its cutting out and not like a clutch is riding? its as though the injectors are blocked or spark plugs needs changing? god knows - i anit got a clue.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 27450

I have a 99-996 C2 Cab and I have a similar problem.

When the revs go over 4000 I have a loss of power, it has progressively got worse over 3 months. Sometimes when I floor it I get a sudden and brief loss of power at around 5000rpm, feels like someone has dabbed on the brakes briefly.

It's not over reving or slipping but the revs seems to take ages to get up to 7000 hence the loss of power feeling. It usually really pulls after 4000rpm??

It feels like either an air or fuel starvation problem or maybee an air mass meter issue?

Has anyone had similar problems?????

Pete

Migration info. Legacy thread was 65070

Could be an air flow meter

Get it checked, they are often intermitent

Migration info. Legacy thread was 65071

maf sensor or variocam problem need to plug in the pewis tester at hatfield

Migration info. Legacy thread was 65080

if it is the MAF, then you can buy one a lot cheaper from Euro Car Parts. Wish I had.

Porsche charged me £300 for one, ECP do them for £150ish.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 65274

Thanks Guys, she's going on the diagnostics on Monday so fingers crossed... :eek:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 65609

Hi Pete,

I guess you've probably got it sorted by now but I thought I'd throw this in anyway. I changed my DME relay the other day because of a starting problem and, as strange as this may sound, I immediately noticed an improved pick-up in acceleration and a smoother gear change in auto. I'm no techie, but I am led to believe that the DME relay has someting to do with controlling the amount of fuel that's getting through and this may explain this slight improvement in performance.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 66501

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by John Ward on 12 July 2006

Hi Pete,

I guess you've probably got it sorted by now but I thought I'd throw this in anyway. I changed my DME relay the other day because of a starting problem and, as strange as this may sound, I immediately noticed an improved pick-up in acceleration and a smoother gear change in auto. I'm no techie, but I am led to believe that the DME relay has someting to do with controlling the amount of fuel that's getting through and this may explain this slight improvement in performance.

Not sure that the 996 suffers from the DME, if it even has one, in the same way that the air cooled cars doo.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 66521

She's all sorted!!

It turned out to be the MAF Sensor, feels like a new car now. Makes me laugh because even though it was quite annoying and expensive it made me appreciate the car even more, similar to when you get back from a long holiday and drive the 911 for the first time.

Anyways, enough of that. Paragon.gb.com sorted her out very quickly and efficiently and I would recomend them to everyone. I purchased my 911 there nearly 2 years ago and still love it.

Thanks for the help guys.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 66781

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mchass
Back