Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

What's the BIGGEST discount you've had?

moto

Trainee
G'day young sirs and m'ams,

Just wondering if anyone who's purchased a used 996 recently has successfully managed to negotiate a discount (either at an OPC or an independent)?

If so, what sort of % are we talking about?

Me is thinking about offering something at around 64k at an OPC about 60k (with part-ex and quite possibly finance). Do you think i stand a chance?

cheers

Migration info. Legacy thread was 27364

No direct experience of a 996 purchase, but I'd say worth a go, especially with the 997 not that far removed in price. Depends on the car though- I'm assuming its a C4S or a Turbo, both of which are still 'current' and desirable.

Be flexible, think in terms of cost to change, ie cost of car less px. Also, the finance rate may be negotiable.

The dealer may prefer to discount their car, or over-allow for your px, or a combination. Either way, the result is the same.

Good luck!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 27408

Moto

I got GBP 8,000 knocked off a brand new 996 (2003). On my 997 I got GBP 4,000 - the car is still in short supply in Tokyo.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 27430

8k GBP!!!? Geewhiz dude. Did you do it with your stunning good looks on an innocent young lady sales first day on her job!!?

You've gotta teach me how to do it man.

That's quite a chunky %!!?

(oh talk about which, your 997 is arriving in the next couple of weeks!!?)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 27437

oh, i presume on both occasions it was in a Japanese Porsche dealership?

No chance of that happening in a UK dealership surely!!?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 27438

moto

even if you do !

then they will get it back in servicing et al !

Migration info. Legacy thread was 27456

you mean they will like, "aha, this geezer here got like 5 grand off when he bought the car so we'll charge him for the engine oil when he doesn't really need it" kinda thing?

Or do you mean servicing is expensive in general? (This i can live with)

Anyway, i just wanna gauge if asking for a 8-10% off is OTT. My feeling is that it ain't!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 27461

In my experience of OPCs, you'd be better of getting blood out of a stone. :)
postamble();

Migration info. Legacy thread was 27463

Moto, no harm in trying anything. At the end of the day the deal has to look right for both parties, and should take into account basic price, px, finance and other things 'thrown in for free' maybe.

If a dealer wants to shift a car and you've got the money and are prepared to make it easier for him, a discount could be in the offing. Not sure how much OPCs will play ball on new cars, though. As you'll see elsewhere in this forum, many OPCs are arrogant, snotty, think the world owes them a living and that their products are God's gift to mankind.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 27468

£4K discount from a dealer

i think not, if they realigned a price before you saw it unlikely,

but if they knock off £4K, and you tell your friends

Migration info. Legacy thread was 27470

I was hoping I could knock 4k off because i'm px-ing and financing it. (and i am interested in a used one). They'll make some cash from selling mine, make more on the finance package, and yet some more when i buy the thing itself!

Anyway, I tend to agree 4k from an OPC sounds pretty tough.

Servo's 8k GBP off looks even more phenomenal then doesn't it.

cheers

Migration info. Legacy thread was 27475

Just to let you know, the basic rule with most dealers here is 0 discount. HOWEVER, if you been a regular customer they will give you a discount. So Moto if you were to call a dealership in Japan I would be very suprised if you could get more than the mats and owners kit (not sure if there is such a thing in the UK) for free!

In Japan depending on the dealer you get on free oil change / first service and then you start paying but because its pretty competitive nobody really tries to rip you off.

My new car will be on sale in December 2006. I only keep them for 18 months so I don't care too much.

Moto, I am getting a Carrera / Basalt Black / Sand Beige Leather Interior / Carrera S 19" alloys / Sunroof and the usual allows - Xenon's etc etc

I am in the USA, Singapore and Malayasia until the 12th of May. will pick up the car then!

Just for your info - I have had nice discounts in the UK and Australia (I am from the UK orginally but lived in Sydney for 4 years as well)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 27477

Oh man. So no hope for first timers like moi then?

Anyway, I'm still gonna try but I just don't wanna snap at them if they're being snotty and stuff.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 27480

Its funny how if you make an offer, then walk away if not initially accepted, then your phone will ring with a salesman with another offer...

Things are not that rosy at the moment in the used car world- don't be afraid to push for a good deal.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 27510

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Autocraft1
Back