Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

993 Targa manual vs tiptronic

Dominic Trillo

Guys, I have been offered what seems to be a gem of a 993 targa, with the exact spec that I want, at a great price but it has a manual box and to date I have only driven a tip. My 994S2 and Boxster had manual boxes and I loved driving them and really did not want a tiptronic, but having spent a few hours driving a tip I found that it was fine using the manual override. I am a little concerned about the offset pedals if I want to go for a long challenging drive - do you go and get a chiro session after each drive or is it really ok to live with? You know what it is like on a brief test drive - all too easy to mis-judge how 10 minutes might translate into two hours of driving. Also is Iris blue with light grey leather interior a good combo or is a darker interior better? Thanks Dominic

Migration info. Legacy thread was 27129

Manual would be much more involving to drive, but not great if you're going to be in traffic jam everyday.

Offset pedals, well, get a LHD and you'll have no problem! :wink:
I tried the RHD, and I couldn't do it for more than a few mins without aching in my back and knee. But then I have knacked legs and back in all the wrong places so I can't even sit in my LHD's passenger seat with comfort.

Iris blue looks better with grey int IMO.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 27131

Cheers Mick, this will be a second car, purely to be used for driving pleasure and weekend trips away to the country rather than commuting or going to the shops! Dominic

Migration info. Legacy thread was 27132

In which case, definately go for manual for the fun factor!! Pedal offset is really not that bad, unless you've got mangled legs/back!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 27133

I just bought a Tip and love it but get it PPI's Dom.

Also make sure the roof does not leak, mine does and i have duck tape until i get round to fixing her :oops:

Eleanor is at the body shop having a make over and I will post pics soon

Migration info. Legacy thread was 27137

Typical open minded comment! :roll:

F1 must be full of old farts then!!!!!!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 27146

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Shed17 on 17 April 2005
Typical open minded comment! :roll:

F1 must be full of old farts then!!!!!!
F1 is a posh name for automatic to let everybody think they are getting something special

Migration info. Legacy thread was 27149

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by ferrari's rule on 16 April 2005

GEAR STICK ALWAYS AUTOS ARE FOR OLD FARTS
Age is just a number :wink:
, it's what you do with it that counts :oops:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 27150

IMHO
I couldnt buy an auto Porka, Merc yes Beema yes, porka never...... My other car is a family Chelsea tractor with the sweetst autobox allied to a great diesel engine, a superb package but again imho Any sporty car needs to be stirred with a stick.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 27168

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ansonslchang
Back