Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

porsche 997 blows up

porsche 997 blows up a porsche was bought on friday from stratstones of wilmslow on the way home the new owner got to 47 miles on the clock and bang it threw a rod through the block anybody heard of this happening or is it a one off

Migration info. Legacy thread was 26705

This a kosher story?

But there's another thread on here '997 catastrophic engine failure' or similar. More miles but clearly a very young car. It just shouldn't happen.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 26706

What a load of old tosh. Even if it happened, which I doubt, the owner will get a new car, so why worry?!

Just being a little cynical here, but check the poster's name - the same f.r. that has been talking up the supposed 996 engine issue (my friends and I have had twelve 996s between us, have racked up over 400,000 miles between us, and have never had so much as a cough.....)

Either f.r. speaks the truth in which case I feel sorry for the owner (but he'll get a new car) or f.r. is an 18 year old with a rusty Golf 1.3 who can't BEAR the fact that some of us have what he wants and will never get.....!

Or am I wrong?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 26718

your almost wrong, but then again almost right. :twisted:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 26719

Well Anthony, FR is in the trade, is well connected and has owned lots of Porsches and stuff...

Migration info. Legacy thread was 26723

had the same problem here! link to the other catastrophic engine failure problem is above! :D

Migration info. Legacy thread was 26724

Oh dear, bang goes another. Think of the cost to Porsche all the warranty work and replacement engines.....not good. :oops:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 26736

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by schuy997 on 08 April 2005

Oh dear, bang goes another. Think of the cost to Porsche all the warranty work and replacement engines.....not good. :oops:
Well Porsche must be making a lot of margin on new £58K+ 911's when Boxsters start at £32K. Does a 996/7 really cost that much more to make than a Boxster - I think not!. An independent recently told me that his local OPC is selling exchange 996 engines for £5/6K as demand is now so high.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 26753

why should i make it up? The owner is getting another new car. My name ferrari's rule was started to annoy noony, your moderator. Seen a few 996 crack liners also but that is common. They reckon 40% of porsche 996 have had water problems. Just felt sorry for the 997 guy, new car, 50 miles and bang. Ring stratstones see if they will comfirm it, the guy swopped in a s class merc for the 997.

Punctuation by noony, HAHAHA!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 26755

FR,

1) I take your posts with a large pinch of salt. Do you have a reference for this story?

2) You will find a full-stop somewhere on your keyboard. It can be very useful in forming comprehensible sentences!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 26766

ring stratstones in manchester then I dont want to post customers names but he swopped in a s class merc for the 997
dont know why you are so touchy about porsches as every body knows all about the 996 problems so what they aint made as good as the the 3.2 carrera which was the most reliable and in my opinion the best car they ever made

there is also people like you in the ferrari owners club stuck so far up there own bum and think they have the best car in the world

all cars have faults and problems but you just dont want to admit it for some reason if it was not for sites like this people would not get to know all about the problems with cars

you are right i cant type or use full stops or commas but i will not deny that or try to hide the fact like you do with porsche reliabilty problems get a life or move into the real world

Migration info. Legacy thread was 26783

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by ferrari's rule on 09 April 2005

ring stratstones in manchester then I dont want to post customers names but he swopped in a s class merc for the 997dont know why you are so touchy about porsches as every body knows all about the 996 problems so what they aint made as good as the the 3.2 carrera which was the most reliable and in my opinion the best car they ever madethere is also people like you in the ferrari owners club stuck so far up there own bum and think they have the best car in the worldall cars have faults and problems but you just dont want to admit it for some reason if it was not for sites like this people would not get to know all about the problems with carsyou are right i cant type or use full stops or commas but i will not deny that or try to hide the fact like you do with porsche reliabilty problems get a life or move into the real world
That is the first thing that ferraris rule has said that i agree with but it's bang on, don't you go pulling any punches now fr!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 26786

Now boys easy easy....All performance cars have their problems. I had a loan of a 355 F1 after only 50 miles and only 500 on the clock it had to be towed....blown engine after 500 miles. Water, steam pissing everywhere.

I also had a 996 for 2 years, faultless!!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 26799

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barrywhite
Back