Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Re 911 model, your thoughts??

Russell Marsh

Hi there, Just been to look at another car and would like some advice (yet again).

The car is advertised as a 3.2 supersport with 81k miles with mot's etc to back it up, its rhd and in white. The car looks like a perfect mid eighties turbo , with flared arches, sills whale tale lid etc The interior is full very deep burgandy leather including dash and electric seats. It has electric sunroof and windows and 10"x 17"fronts and 12"x17" rear wheels (ruff make).Its running a 3.2 motor

It is listed as having a g50 box but i was told that on those cars 5th in next to reverse, this is below 5th (915) am i correct?

The thing is the car is running historic (free)tax on a 1973 year? is it possible to make one of these cars look like an 80's turbo?

The car it drives great has not a single oil leak, uprated brakes, rollbars,and bilstien shox twin exit exhausts and looks fantastic. He says he has £26000 rebuild bills from 1996. I cant really fault the car, except it just looks too good and too new!

Car is £12950 if it is an early car that has been transformed is it worth the money and will it hold its money? any advice would be welcome once again....

many thanks

Russell marsh

Migration info. Legacy thread was 26416

G50 gearbox - reverse is next to 1st with a soft gate between. 5th is top right.

Get the chassis and engine numbers and check them with PCGB, or post them here for someone to check. There is also a small guide called the Red book which gives details of every 911 variant and options plus all the chassis and engine number ranges.

Do your homework as it is straightforward to upgrade the bodywork of a 911. You could and should get the car checked by an independent assesor. Someone like Peter Morgan will check the car's id and give a comprehensive report.

Finally, I don't think an original 3.2 SSE would be be RFL exempt but I would bow to anyone who knows better.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 26465

Hello get a PPI done once again will save you money long term and again peace of mind as well. Plus they will check out the cars history etc.

SEE YA

Migration info. Legacy thread was 26470

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mkrt1972
Back