Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

What's it worth??.. Rebuilt 911

richard coulson

Hi Guys, First of all i'm new to Porsche's but have always wanted one. I've seen this Porsche and wondered if you could help value it.. It started life has a 1972 911 which is now TAX exempt and has been rebuilt as a 3.2 super sport at a cost of 25K Here's the info i have from the owner: " THIS CAR IS A 1972 AND WAS REBULT AS A 3.2 SUPER SPORT (TURBO BODY)WITH ALL CORRECT PARTS AT A COST OF £25.000 NOT BECAUSE IT WAS RUSTED BUT THE OWNER WANTED A SUPERB CAR ,MOTOR TAX FREE, CLASSIC CAR Insurance £250.00, PLEASE NOTE YOU MUST SEE IT TO BELIEVE THE CONDITION. It has 81,ooo and has all the old mots, 5 speed ,just serviced,heat exchangers very good no rust, no leaks has twin ex box,also no oil leaks or drips all nice and dry,this car has been looked after. Car has only done less than 2,000 miles after the compleat restro work was done,it has a folder full of bills and history.it does not need a service. " He's also very open to a full porsche inspection which i think i'll be doing. What sort of price do you think it's worth??, i havnt got a clue! Thanks for any help you can give! Please see pics below..

sorry! had remove the pics!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 26411

Hi there

what did you think of the car to drive?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 26417

Hi Mate

The car's about 250mile away from me so i've not yet had chance to drive it!

I was going to get an inspection done first and see if it's worth the drive down, i thought it would be a good idea to check on here first though.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 26418

i think i have seen this car in suffolk? is that the same car?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 26420

I thought it looked nice but something does not seem right about it and i cant put my finger on it?

How did you hear of the car?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 26423

It was on ebay last week but didnt sell, he wanted 13.5k for it.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 26424

The car is listed as having the desirable g50 gearbox but in only has the 915 box! if they didnt get that vital fact right the what else is listed incorrectly?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 26425

Whats the 915 box like, how can you tell from the pic?

(excuse my total lack of knowledge, thats probably a stupid question!)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 26426

The 915 gearbox is the early type it has no spring resistance between gears to stop you (feeling) selecting the wrong gear, apparently they are fine once you get used to them but more problematic than the later well respected G50 box.

From what i have learnt the 915 box has reverse below 5th gear and the g50 has reverse next to 5th gear

Hope this helps

Migration info. Legacy thread was 26429

Thanks for for the info, what do you think of the 13.5k price tag?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 26431

this is the problem.......how do you price it?

if it was a genuine 3.2 of the mid to late eighties then i would haggle and probably be able to agree on a price but its about another 15 years older than that (72) but you cant price it as a 72 because these look completly different and now get classic collectors prices?

This is the problem i would be thinking, am i going to loose a heap on it???? I dont know how the porsche market feels about mods? You would not take an etype and stick an xjs bodykit on it and expect to survive a classic car meeting would you! but this may be different its only a thought......

Migration info. Legacy thread was 26432

Exactly!.. it's so hard to value it.

Thats why i thought it would be a good idea to post here and see the reaction from other porsche enthusiasts

Migration info. Legacy thread was 26433

have you looked at any others?

if so what were they like?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 26434

get it PPI'd at Autofarm and they can value it!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 26438

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kjcsr911
Back