Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

993 Targa

Mankster

Silverstone
Hi, this is my first post (though I have been lurking for about a year) and I am hoping to purchase a 993 Targa (manual or Tip) in the next month (up to may be £33K from a dealer inc a part ex); it will be my first Porsche. Other than general 993 buying advice, does anyone have any pointers on this model? I notice that RSJ and Hedonway Motors have had a couple for many months now. Has anyone seen these? I only have 1 morning off work a week to do viewing and I don't want to waste it!

:)
Cheers

Migration info. Legacy thread was 26218

those Targa's..nice cars

should get one for closer to £30k... depending on what spec you want...

Migration info. Legacy thread was 26220

Hi Mankster.

You need to make sure that the glass roof works properly in all its' modes and that the seals are in good condition.The roof can jam if opened while on the move on uneven surfaces.Also need to check for leaks.

Paragon have one on sale for 30K and Virgin 911 have a couple.Paul Stephens also have 2,one being LHD.

Happy hunting!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 26223

Whatever else you do, soend the £150 and do a proper PPI before making any commitment.

If the car is clean and they have been there for a couple of months then don't pay list!!

Enjoy - I looked for a year, drove 6, bought from RSJ and got exactly what I wanted.

LJ

Migration info. Legacy thread was 26227

I had Peter Morgan carry out my PPI, and was over the moon weith the report he gave it was 9 pages long, and covered every thing...

and now me and my 993 are in love..

Dan

Migration info. Legacy thread was 26237

The Iris Blue one at RSJ has been there some time..... but I guess you are looking at the Zenith blue Lower mileage model?
You say Man or Tip, do you really have no preference?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 26239

Thanks guys. So do I still need to get an inspection done if I am getting it from one of the big independents with a warranty? I've got PM's 993 buying guide.

Yes it was the Zenith Blue one i had my eye on. Driven both the Manual and Tip non Variocam 993 Carerras and enjoyed them both in different ways. I'd rather get the right car and take whatever box it came with (I have a slight preference to the 6 speed, but I'll have to find one with a recent clutch change). There seem to be more Tip Targas around, and I suspect they probably are (initially anyway) bought by people who are going to be driving them more sympathetically.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 26245

I had a good look at the '97 Zenith Blue 993 Targa (6sp) at Hendon Way Motors back in early Jan. It's low mileage (c. 35k miles) and was in excellent condition. A very nice car with complete history. I had a complete PPI done on the car as it was one of my "finalists", and I have the full report to hand. If you are really interested in this car and would like to get a PPI done on it, PM me for more info on the report as I may be able to save you some money! FWIW, I have no affiliation with Hendon Way Motors and I ended up going for another 993 which was in my preferred colour (Ocean Blue!)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 26249

Wow another 993 Targa owner to be 8)

I bought mine privately and had a PPi done from JZMachech, they spent 2 hours on the car while i waited and went through everything from bodywork to mechanics. I was very happy with their comments/advice.

Like the others said, make sure the roof does not leak as this can be costly... i am finding out now :roll:

Good luck with which ever one you choose and look forward to seeing some pics

Migration info. Legacy thread was 26253

Hi mankster

my mate is selling his Polar silver 993 Targa manual with RS body kit.

he has put it in a local showroom and its up aroud £32k ish but sure he would do a deal direct !? about 30 ish i think!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 26259

I've just stopped off at Cridfords in Ripley to look at a 993 Targa Manual asking £27K with 70K on the clock. Silver with black interior. I was told that it had FSH and all Documentation to support the declaration regarding mileage etc.

It looked very straight to me and was, I think, fairly priced if supported with warrnaty etc. Certainly one of the cheapest I've seen from a dealer.

I'd consider it seriously myself and may put Toy up for sale ........ but it isn't a Turbo. Would make a very nice every day car though so checking with my insurers......

But if you are keen, go and buy it!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 26281

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by chris on 30 March 2005

Hi mankster

my mate is selling his Polar silver 993 Targa manual with RS body kit.

he has put it in a local showroom and its up aroud £32k ish but sure he would do a deal direct !? about 30 ish i think!

Hi do you which dealer its with? I need to px my car and get finance, so it might me easier that way.

Cheers

Migration info. Legacy thread was 26283

Mankster

its HAVEN motor company - Lower Beeding West Sussex just off the A23 at handcross!
i have just spoken to duncan who owns the car he may take about 29k for it.
or you can ring Gavin who has the car in his showroom for £32k
pm me for numbers!
Cheers

Migration info. Legacy thread was 26285

hi mankster are you interested in seeing the targa?! 8)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 26497

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barrywhite
Back